Gold Racer - Pricing and Availability

Hi Lanny, yes, welcome!

You're going to really like this forum. Steve has truly done a great job with this site. Not only are there a lot of nice finds shown by the members, but starting with Steve, there is a great wealth of information about detectors and detecting, contributed by the members from all walks and areas.

I hope to contribute more as I learn.

Mike

• Like 3

I took the Makro out today for a brief visit to the park next door....

I made the mistake of trying out the 15 inch coil---Woweeee is that thing crazy for aluminum!!!!!--

I think from how I saw it act today that this baby will be hotter than a pistol on small gold..... i did learn how to lock on to zinc pennies---- a hard bam at 82-85.... no doubt when you hit them.... my MXT did that too.

Foil and pull tabs were the main treat of the day --- I see what you mean about hunting trashy parks Steve---this thing was going off every second..I dumped a load of trash when i got back to my camper.

I cant wait to get it in some tailing piles or around old workings......

Do you have the smallest coil for it Steve???----- Just wondered if that may help a little in these super trashed up areas.

I would like to try one before I buy another coil already..... lol

Anyway-- i like how it toggles back and forth between disc and All Metal=---- I have to learn what all those other settings are....

The FEVER is bad---

https://goo.gl/photos/KLhgREda2gUhQUy59

• Like 1

The stock coil would be a huge improvement in a park setting. I gotta give you credit Paul, it would never have occurred to me to use the big coil in a park! But now that I think about it, using the large coil and keeping it off the ground would give you depth but lose the tiny stuff. It would take some experimentation but maybe staying at least two inches off the ground? The problem would be the natural desire to get the coil close to the ground and then you are back to hitting tiny stuff.

Maybe a custom scuff cover with a 2" gap?

Anyway, go back to stock coil and leave the big coil for areas with sparse targets. The smallest coil would have you chasing foil the size of pinheads. Might want to back the gain down also. You really good not lose much depth but it cuts back on tiny stuff.

The stock coil would be a huge improvement in a park setting. I gotta give you credit Paul, it would never have occurred to me to use the big coil in a park! But now that I think about it, using the large coil and keeping it off the ground would give you depth but lose the tiny stuff. It would take some experimentation but maybe staying at least two inches off the ground? The problem would be the natural desire to get the coil close to the ground and then you are back to hitting tiny stuff.

Maybe a custom scuff cover with a 2" gap?

Anyway, go back to stock coil and leave the big coil for areas with sparse targets. The smallest coil would have you chasing foil the size of pinheads. Might want to back the gain down also. You really good not lose much depth but it cuts back on tiny stuff.

You are exactly right Steve,

When i kept that big boy on the ground it screamed like a banshee when it went over foil-(read-ALOT)---

but when i lifted it up just to preserve what little hearing i have left ---   it lost the signal...

So i started swinging a little higher ...and in my mind i was just cherry picking for coins. ------But the tendency def is to get it back on the ground so i was yo-yo-ing a little.

That is when i hit these pennies-- i got three out of one hole---- i dropped another one when i put it in my pouch i guess---

I bought an extra middle and lower shaft from Chris P when i got the big coil from him---- so it won't take me long to switch back over.

One other thing i would like to commend Makro on is the size of the bolts they use to hold the coils on..... they are some heavy duty stuff with big thumb bars on them that make them a cinch to use....maybe i won't snap them as bad as I did the  ML7005's.

I tested it out once as a walking stick to help me get my 300lbs up from the kneeling position and i was watching the bolt real close--- :(

i probably will lose some more weight before i try that again- --Maybe i could give them a safe load rating for 250... :rolleyes: