• mn90403 changed the title to 10 Ring Day! (5/4 Gold)

SMASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done!!

RR

What a hunt!!!!! I'm still looking over that yellow stone ring you found. Most times it's topaz or citrine, but I keep thinking it's yellow sapphire or if you feel real lucky .... yellow diamond. Just has that expensive look to it. I'd have that one checked out for sure. Super hunt, Congrats!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

What a hunt!!!!! I'm still looking over that yellow stone ring you found. Most times it's topaz or citrine, but I keep thinking it's yellow sapphire or if you feel real lucky .... yellow diamond. Just has that expensive look to it. I'd have that one checked out for sure. Super hunt, Congrats!

Thank you.

You are right.  That one might be the pick of the litter!

Heck of a day! Big Congrads !!

On the 18k I've seen a few fakes similar in design, never seen a 18k that bad but that being said. With so many possibles conditions that can be encountered.... I would say its gold until you get it tested. Keep us informed, really be interesting to see if it is possible 18k could bleed copper like that..Seen 10k do that but not 14 up.. Thanks for sharing and get back out there! Wow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That hunt is a 2020 winner! Great job!

That ring looks like a copper alloy! It still may be old, even though not that worn! Let a jeweler test with a spectrum analyzer, when you take that other beauty to get the stone identified!

Great Job!👍👍

• Thanks 1

Yes, I have a coin dealer that shoots my objects when I bring them in.  I think the 18k stamp under without a trade name is indicative of the fake also.

• Like 1

Very good run.

• Thanks 1

Way to go Mitchel- congrats on the stellar hunts! I liked that yellow stone ring as soon as I saw it- really unique looking.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Erik Oostra
      This morning was the first time in 6 weeks that I’ve had a chance to hunt my local beaches at Alma Bay and Horseshoe Bay.. I didn’t bring a detector with me to Canberra where I was helping out after my old man had a hip replacement.. Being away from the island has turned out great as for the first time in years I dug everything.. At these beaches I usually disregard low target IDs on the Nox800, anything below 13-14 nearly always results in pull-tabs, bottle tops or bits of foil (or 5 cents).. I got into the very bad habit of switching to ‘coin mode’, where I look for low 20s to shoot 1 and 2 dollar coins (50 cents usually reads 17 and 20 cents reads 16).. But the sheer joy of getting back into it made me dig every target.. I’m both very happy I did and kicking myself for not always doing so..  
      At Horseshoe Bay I found a chunky gold necklace (585 hallmark) and at Alma Bay a little gold ring (375) with little purple stones (maybe amethyst?).. And a fist full of dollars.. It’s really made me wonder what else I’ve left behind.. The necklace rang in at 3-4 and the ring at 11, both were just below the surface in wet sand.. It felt as if they were waiting for me to find them, since I’ve been away we’ve had the Easter holidays and 2 public-holiday long weekends.. These are usually good times of the year to get out early in the morning to hit those beaches, and the island's other beach hunters know it too.. But I haven't been so lucky with the bling bling in a long time, it’s definitely back to digging all targets.. 

• By kac
      Found this on UPI. Beach hunter was able to get a phone back to the owner. Never found a working one here.
      https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/05/05/Joe-Lynch-metal-detector-Fort-Myers-Beach-Florida-iPhone-Lacy-Moulton/7261620247188/
    • By Tahoegold
      So, I really like the Makro Gold Racer. I keep finding more things about it. Recently, I found a really tiny 14k gold chain visually, just lying on the ground.  I had my compadre and it couldnt pick it up. I took the chain home and tried it on my GR. I had the factory settings, 10 on disc, using Disc 2 the deeper one, and tone break at 30. Nothing, I couldn't get it to detect it.
      So, while I was waving this chain in front of the 10" DD coil I started lowering the disc, I realized the ID number was about 3. So, I experimented with going one number at a time all the way to 0. At 1 I could get a somewhat clear signal. At zero it was a nice signal. Even the big coil coild pick it up at about an inch.
      I have been trying to find micro jewelery with no luck. Maybe this is why. I have not used the disc mode in all metal. You see, I really like the clear signal the disc modes give. I have a hard time "reading" the all metal mode. I can really hear the signals in the disc modes. Why is the all metal mode so hard to understand? So very faint target sounds compared to the really obvious ones in disc.
      So, am I searching in all metal when disc is at 0? It sure seems as deep and sensitive as all metal. I get much more audible info than all metal in my opinion. However, I have to state here, I'm not an expert. I know the all metal has a way of indicating a target with thresh hold sounds too, or, the silence of the thresh hold sometimes on tiny targets. But, it's not as easy as this method. I really could hear this tiny chain this way.
      Can I hunt just as effectively like this or should I keep trying to learn the all metal mode? What's your opinions? And, please, lets keep this discussion to the Gold racer and those who have one. 
      I'm actually really glad to have discovered this. I'm fortunate to have this chain to test.

• By schoolofhardNox
      Went to a different, flat beach for a change of pace. I was going to wrap the GPX in plastic and go into the water a bit but found out my Detech coil needs to be weighed down in order to not float. Not a big deal, as it is a great coil and my favorite. I will know better next time and will weigh it down. Because of how flat the beach is, I expected and was granted, lots of bits of aluminum 😆. The number of coins was in line with how things seen to go for me on my area beaches. Found a bit of silver as well. Also found a ring which is either nickel or white gold. It is not as clean as I would expect gold to be, but maybe it is a lower karat. Just somehow reminds me of how some clad quarters look when they are tumbled a lot, coming out looking clean and not that red/green/brown look. Reads a solid 8 on the Nox. I still feel there should be some deep gold and silver there due to the deep coins and deep lead that is still left behind. Also, the number of pull tabs could have been gold rings as well. I do have to say one thing about the GPX line. They are very durable machines. I just hope the GPX 6000 is as durable. My 5000 has done a lot of deep woods hunting as well as the beach hunts. Things do go wrong with it (like the cam locks), but it always powers up and performs well. So, nothing earth shattering, but a decent day at the beach.

• By schoolofhardNox
      Went out Thursday for a beach hunt at the usual place. It was a very busy week, and I was looking forward to some stress release, hopefully digging for some remaining silver. Kind of a random in how I was going to run my day, but I new I wanted to dig some large iron to see if it hid anything great. Just a couple of silvers for the effort and the usual clad with a couple of exceptions. I did get a nice gold wedding band with the initials of both people in it and a 52 (I am assuming the year they got married). What was odd though was the only other inscription on the ring, which was P11. I am thinking it stands for 11 Karat plum gold. That would be an odd Karat value. I had to wander around a bit more than usual and now the silver just trickles in. No heavy concentrations that I can see. I am going to try and get out Monday and do a long flat exposed beach if I can. Wrap that GPX nice and tight in heavy plastic and see if I can get some deep clad. It gives me a chance to try out my new scoop some more. I think I have only used it twice since I bought it. This is a fairly clean beach, so it is going to be a real test for the GPX. If I can score a lot of targets, then I know there is still a lot out there on those types of beaches. We will see. Hope the weather holds up and does not get too warm out there…. I like solitude 🙂

• By Skullgolddiver
      Nothing too hard even for a rookie technician like me with not so High knowledge on boards whistles and bells...
      I'm Just posting a couple pictures at the end of the work, but really (again) misappointed regard the gasket system in the TDI beachhunter.
      To give some value to this post, I Just want to Say: please BE CAREFUL doing surgery on this control box, as the plastics are something to severely review to the death White's factory, now Garrett property.
      Not only the gasket tunnel between the upper and the lower part of the box is been made to create gasket's cuts and leaks at the first attempt to re-assemble the box, but even a Nightmare to get the job done without the o-ring moving inside and over the PCB when 6 of the 8 screws are already there again....😭.
      So this time I'm not so sure to have a leakproof TDI and I swear to want a detector.mod hard case for It.
      I Just don't understand why not to create a flat against flat surface with again a flat gasket in between😒😒😒.
      White's ...Come on!
      (I don't want to advertise for free or without Steve to be ok with these words) so Sorry for complaining with a self exposed solution to this bad thing...