10 Ring Day! (5/4 Gold)

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Holy Cows! That's nuts!  Maybe people in NZ don't lose rings as they've remained relatively elusive except for at one spot that has more tourists than locals.   That's an absolutely crazy hunt! What fun you had.  We all envy you.

Wait till I show you Day 2!  haha

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Comments are welcome.

18k gold should be easily distinguishable from pure copper (or bronze or brass) in a specific gravity measurement.  (See this useful table.)  Still, 4 gold rings and 3 silver ones -- just wow!

• Thanks 1

A 10 ring day! Woo Hoo! Congrats on a terrific hunt. Nice to be there when the conditions are right.

• Thanks 1

Very nice hunts. Interesting how HB can barely have a cut and 3 miles south can have 6-8' cuts. I was out last night and had a 12 ring hunt. The last few days have been EPIC to say the least. The 18k with what appears to be a Mercedes design is an extremely common fake brass ring and usually heavy. Good luck on this next storm coming in and the great tides. I will be hunting again as well...

• Thanks 1

Very nice! Sore back for sure haha. I did not see the detector or detectors used. From your gear list I narrowed it down to two ? Again nice spin !

• Thanks 1