• mn90403 changed the title to The Odd Finds Of Night 2

Great 2 day hunt. I'm assuming conditions have changed or are you hiding hunt #3 from us? 😄

• Thanks 1

Well the crescent wrench is probably a sign that in the beginning of the season you were adjusting more than you are now. Now you maybe entering a new level of detecting, may the low tones be with you! 🤠

• Haha 1

Day three I distracted myself with another beach on the outgoing tide and the conditions there were nothing to write about.  I tried to correct the 'mistake' but it was too late.  I'll have to wait for another 'energy event' to replenish the beaches again.

Skull knows what I mean.

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

To top off the session I had gotten another '10-11' and it was dropping through my scoop also.  When I finally got it in my hand I couldn't really believe what I was looking at.  It was a gold nugget!

I have seen gold like that from teeth and was going to let you know what it was, then I read that you had figured it out.

Great hunt and many more in your future!

Great finds again Mn,

That gold "nugget" may have been from cremains, and a sea burial! I have found the numbered stainless steel tags, and an amalgam bridge before! I just glue the tags to beach rocks, and throw them back in the ocean! But, i would not do that with a gold crown!😁👍👍

• Like 1

When my brother inlaw and I was getting ounces of old 18ct rings upto our waist in the beach, he found  these teeths made from gold sovereigns. They were not a matching pair.

teeth1.JPG.45b528c3ae559a71b2cb2b1b614e78fc.JPG 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great finds again Mn,

That gold "nugget" may have been from cremains, and a sea burial! I have found the numbered stainless steel tags, and an amalgam bridge before! I just glue the tags to beach rocks, and throw them back in the ocean! But, i would not do that with a gold crown!😁👍👍

Good idea on the tags.  I haven't found any of them recently.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By cuniagau
      Had about an hour to hunt this morning before a Dr appointment and made the most of it.  LOL  The ring is 14K and weighs 16.3g.  It rang up a very loud and solid 11 on the Equinox.   You gotta love unique rings!!!

• By schoolofhardNox
      So I'm still trying to milk the same cow 😄 I figured until it stops spitting silver on me, I will continue to ask for it. Long day at the beach 8:30-5:00, but the weather was decent, as I dress well for the cold. I'm getting to be a delicate flower in my advancing years 🤔 I'm using the GPX all day for this hunt and digging select areas and removing all iron so I can hear the deep targets.I hit a patch that started producing exclusively wheat pennies, so I knew that the chance for silver was very possible.  It did produce some silver but the ratio was mostly pennies. Moving over just a bit, the wheats turned into memorials and the clad followed as well. Not a bad day with 8 silvers, but I worked harder than usual for it.The beach is slowly sanding in and the easy stuff is gone. No gold again, but switching the timings on the GPX did start getting me a lot of nickels, including a handful of Buffalo. Jewelry was missing as usual, but the spoons sure weren't lacking 🙄 So here is everything I dug. Lots of junk too. It was great to get out and enjoy the hobby.

• By Jim in ma
      Temp warmed up along with a low tide during the day.

• By Rivers rat
      Went out today for another session,long walk and lots of digging .Not sure how many miles i did but a few nice weather again,with the nox and a spade ,lots of WW2 remains,and .......1 9ct Gold ring with 3 semi precious stones .Bullets registered 14/15/16 Bullet case around 20/ Fishing weight High 20s
      Gold ring 6/8
      100% of the bullets tip were identified......
      Was running at Reac 2 ,pinpointing at 4,signal are longer but thats fine with me

Enjoy

RR

• By The Seeker
      I got out 3 times and was able to snag some decent targets. 
      This hunt was done at the rocky beach I frequent during winter. There were lots of targets, more than I could dig in one hunt. I got about $8 in clad. The first row is all the good jewelry, one small 14k (.73g), and the rest Silver. The second row of rings are all junkers.

This second hunt netted about $12 in clad and a small/light broken 14k pendant.

The last hunt wasn’t all that great but I somehow managed to get a gold tooth that weighs 3.6g. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hunting.

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all ,went to a secluded beach today,just to make sure i knew how to detect again it wasnt warm but sunny,and my fishing jacket kept me nice and toasty.As i got the luxury to have 3 times more digging tools than arms,i choose a spade for a change over a scoop.A cheap spade i bought on a road trip a while back when my old one broke and i just fitted a new shaft which i oiled with linseed oil 3 times.Anyway a lot of walking and gridding,the nox is my to go machine when i am back after a while especially with those long lockdown period.

Lots of coast fight remains as you can tell fro the pictures a nice brass cross alas.......and a 1919 coin were the oldest find.

Funny enough the cross bare the name of Saint Anthony of Padua ,which is the saint to pray to when something is lost......................well i found it.

Will try to go out tomorrow,to see if i can find more bullets

Enjoy

RR