Anyone Currently Use One Of These Electric Hookah Units?

Redneck

I have the Blu3 setup Redneck, but have not used it yet due to various unforeseen 

events and full time work. Maybe this coming summer. I’ll do a write up if so.

Mike

• Like 1

I have a 20cf tank and the harness seen here - https://www.mantusmarine.com/product/scubatank-harness/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ADODtoEPWV7-Bcemhg0sdGdBioIw0ntDMfemeyhSY3mQkBwG-BLv6MaAh3aEALw_wcB

They offer the whole compact package but I use my own regs and other equipment. I have packed all of this equipment in to do some pretty remote mountain diving and it's been great. I can get 25-30 mins bottom time off the 20cf bottle. Great for quick sniping.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 7:44 PM, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm in love with this kind of item, so light, so portable in a backpack, but...

Battery consumption is still a tremendous problem, at least for me, used to stay at least three hours down in the shallows with a 15liters tank.

Smaller integrated lithium batteries with a simple waterproof switch will be the natural evolution for this equipment.

I tried to find part of the components to build it by myself and stopped realizing that the 12V compressor needed is NOT a compressor, but probably an inflator with less than 3Bar pressure, activated with a sensor.

However, an hour duration is really too bad for me, even if my back is almost done, I'm still forced to use scuba tanks to get the job done properly.

Interesting,i bought an air tank for Pre charged air rifle so i basically got an air tank.........3 hours under water jeez you must be fit!

RR

9 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Interesting,i bought an air tank for Pre charged air rifle so i basically got an air tank.........3 hours under water jeez you must be fit!

If You work an area at a depth of less than 6 meters, You can burn all the air without problems.

Sometimes, years ago and with relevant places not visited before by competitors, even two tanks in a row with half an hour stop between two sessions. So almost 6 hours busy fanning holes.

Today I never hunt with the harness and the tank if the place doesn't produce at least some results freediving with a snorkel.

For this reason I'd be happy to solve the problem of too much weight to wear on the body and find an optimal balance to have enough air/time to stay down and a backpack transportable hookah system.

Basically in my mind there's a scuba wing harness with an air pump and a waterproof case in the place of the tank.

Once You're next to the water, just open the belt and let it float, bringing down only the regulator with some security bands on the chest.

Some care to the internal pressure resistance, cause the scuba second stage is tuned to perform at almost 9 bar, reduced by the first stage from a tank pressure of over 200bar. (when the air pump of this "chinese market" hookah is barely able to perform at 1.2 bar.) Here's the hidden danger......

Never dive with over 10 meters in depth without a minimum constant available pressure of 2 bar. 

• Like 2

I have the Nemo, it works like a champ for what I was doing. Wading out in chest to neck deep swinging, then going under to recover because of the rock and gravel wouldn't allow a scoop. I have 3 batteries and never did use a full charge because I wasn't under for that long to recover the target. I'm getting ready to sell it though. We bought a place too far from water to travel back and forth.

• Like 2

I am interested in building my own hookah system for my winter project with the acq 906 or 910 can any tell me how to build one and what materials to buy or may be give drawing/plan to start my project, any help is appreciated. 

I’ve watched the video they have with this girl in less than a swimsuit that I couldn’t take my eyes off . I’ll leave it at that and say no more..

I have one on the way and like the video it was in salt water but wondering if it will hold up over time . I know that salt takes a toll on anything . Just maybe some of you spend time in salt water can answer this .

Chuck 

• Like 2

Ridge Runner,  how you gonna remember to breathe under there when one of those mermaids show up and retrieve those targets for you?  Poor gal is going to have to drag you to shore and revive you on the beach!😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

This is actually the setup I was thinking to build.

Have You used the acq 906 or 910 model in your system?

I also want to use a pressure switch to stop the compressor when not needed.Unluckily the provided pressure is not enough without an air reserve box inline with the filters...But this can improve the battery consumption for almost an half more time compared with a continuous running pump.

Good job there, really clean and nice to see too.

Skullgolddiver can you tell how many watts the ACQ 910 is using per hr. 

1 hour ago, Whitbey said:

Skullgolddiver can you tell how many watts the ACQ 910 is using per hr. 

If I'm correct 160W.

There's a series of "Boyu" or other brands models from 902 to 910 starting at 60W.

But most important thing is the minimum 0.12Mpa pressure and at least 100liters of air provided per minute.

Considering the "normal" air consumption of 30 liters per minute when scuba diving in less than 10 meters in depth, should be enough for the purpose.These numbers are purely to be personally tested.

Pressure however still remain the main pain with this pump. Normally, most of the Brownie's systems works with almost 3Bar...But there's almost no depth limit.