Oak Island Season 8

Hello all, 

The crew is off to a good start! Alot of new people and tech! Gary Drayton has a new and expensive toy to play with! I hope they find "it" this season!👍👍

20201110_223253.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't seen Oak Island in several years, and I believe that they will never find anything there.

To many other clues put the treasure North of that place as I think there are only pits and traps on that island.

Looks like a nice new toy that costs way to much money.

I still follow it, even though their method's can be aggravating many times! One of the few show's i bother to watch on network tv!👍👍

On 11/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, Joe D. said:

.... I hope they find "it" this season!👍👍

Huh ?  What is "it" ?  There's nothing there.

Kind of reminds me of the show where they are traveling around the globe in search of various lake monster creatures.   Kind of like the Loch Ness monster, yet the various lore from various lakes around the planet.   They scuba and sonar and all sorts of expensive equipment to "find the monster" .  They interview locals who relate the stories they heard as kids.  They interview others who claim to have seen the creature, etc... 

In one scene, the scientist dudes are explaining this expensive sonar (or whatever ) equipment, and finish by saying : "If it's down there, we will find it !  It can not evade this detection equipment !".   Next scenes they are scuba diving and exploring the lake bottom at length.   Musing how the creature "must have gone into one of these holes/caves" (as they point to crevices and overhangs and hole-openings in the rock bottom).  

They surface, as the show ends, saying "some day we will crack this riddle and find the lake monster fish".  To which I had to laugh, remembering that just 10 minutes earlier in the script, they'd been saying that their equipment would have all that's necessary to prove or disprove the myth.  Huh ?  😵  Then wouldn't their lack-of-finding it prove that it's not there ?  Huh ?  WTF ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Gary Drayton has a new and expensive toy to play with!

That caught my eyes and ears (he mentioned it on the preview last week), and gave me a sinking feeling.  That was confirmed last night.

In the last 5+ years I've watched about every treasure/prospecting show that regular cable carries.  This one is my favorite, and the reason is because of Marty Lagina in particular.  He's not one of those "stars in my eyes" kind of people (like his brother, who I really do like also).  He's an Occams Razor skeptical type of person.  The other thing about this show that sets it apart -- they use the most up-to-date scientific investigation methods, and include many knowledgeable and experienced investigators from universities, etc.

And that's why I'm disappointed.  I really couldn't care less if Gary Drayton falls for hocus pocus.  I just wish Marty had less confidence in Gary.

So what's my problem with the OKM exp 6000?  Simple.  I've looked through their literature and I can't find anything where it says how it works.  They brag about all its (seemingly questionable, IMO) capabilities, features, bells and whistles.  But anything about the science behind it?  Not that I can find.  If that (in conjunction with its pricetag) doesn't signal ones skeptical side, well, it should.

I looked at Carl's page and can't find this one listed.  Maybe he'll see this post and chime in.

Ok, I'll post the link to their USA distributor (it's manufactured by a German company).  I'll give you one guess and a hint -- a recent new member of this forum has the same name as this company.  Read all about the OKM products here.  Don't expect to get any straight answers on how they work, though.

• Like 2

Oak Island has been going on for a long long long time and these rich boys will be replaced by some more rich boys that need to throw their money away.Years ago the story came out in True Treasure about Oak Island and then with time past Lost Treasure mag. Came out with a repeat of what was said in the past 

Everybody and their brother that makes metal detecting equipment will loan them anything they want. Just so they can say if anything is found “ Our equipment played a part in finding the treasure” and at the same time everybody got to have it.

I do hope they find something before another person gets killed.

I guess I don’t have room to talk . Looking back I’ve did some stupid things too in the name of treasure hunting.

Chuck 

• Like 3

Quit watching it along with all the other "treasure" shows years ago...  Oak Island just kept on repeating "Could it be...????" over and over again....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20201110_223253.jpg

It must be a great device.....You have to find 16+ oz of gold to pay for it. If it is so good who was the idiot that gave it a single review I am sure human nature would keep it performates to them self. 🤢

• Like 1

Only ever watched 2 programmes some years ago,could tell it was going to a 'BS' series,never watched any since neither videos,my opinion was never hidden in the 1st place but as long as it grabs folks attention and it pulls in the viewers and that is how they make serious money from advertising like these new super duper detectors and other allied equipment.

As long a folks watch it they will keep stringing folks along and they will probably make more money than if they had found some sort of treasure.