Nice pics and writeup.... that hog nugget and it's friends are impressive...good job!!!!   Keep the pics coming to help us northern boys get thru winter....

• Thanks 1

Not only are you a top of the heap detector operator but you have that additional ingredient that makes you unique; intuition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Not only are you a top of the heap detector operator but you have that additional ingredient that makes you unique; intuition

Actually Lunk is like Captain Phil from the Deadliest Catch.  He can smell the nuggets!

I don't know how he can do it and maybe he'll pass on some of Smokey's secrets but until then we'll just have to imagine that it is something like this:

• Haha 5

Lunk, way to go!!! Totally awesome haul. It is amazing how the proper weather conditions and your skill can combine to yield such great results. You give encouragement to us all.

• Thanks 1

Mitchel, that was back in 2002, when Jim “Tailgate” Straight and his sidekick Jerry “Sandtrap” Balcer joined Smokey and myself for a nugget hunt. As you can see, I had found one of those prehistoric bird coves.😀Good times! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1