Gold Moster 1000 To Be Discontinued?

I heard from a buddy that Minelab was discontinuing this model.  I hope it's not true!

I also heard from another buddy that they are no longer going to make single frequency Gold Machines.

I know rumors are what they are but wanted to reach out anyway.

Thanks!

Walt

It would be great if they would make it something like 20, 40 & 60 kHz as Simon mentioned.  Add wireless audio and viola, GM2000!

I wish they had made the Eureka Gold simultaneous.  I think it would have made a BIG difference.

Love the Monster and have learned to adjust to most of it's short comings.  With that said....the improvement I'd really enjoy is a two tone machine so I don't have to spend as much time watching the screen.  jmo

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Simultaneous Multi Freq just isn't as effective in bad ground as Pulse Induction is. I have used the Equinox in a few bad ground spots where other single frequency gold units struggle to work, and in all cases the Nox in multi was very impressive on the test targets, but start moving around and it is a different story. In most cases the Equinox ran better in 40 kHz and even more so in 20 kHz. But no harm having the Multi option there, because there would be many places it would (does) work very well. 

So yes, a Multi Monster would be awesome. Or should it be called the Equinox Gold?? I actually think a gold focussed Equinox would be the better option. Much easier to make, and all that would be required is a solid 7" elliptical coil and new software.  

• Like 5

20 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Simultaneous Multi Freq just isn't as effective in bad ground as Pulse Induction is.

This is true, and as you point out Multi vs Single is debatable at this time, depending on the ground. I think that is simply because Multi-IQ is both in its infancy, and that gold nugget prospecting was last on the list of features considered important on Equinox. In my milder ground Multi-IQ excels. It remains to be seen what Minelab could do with a Multi-IQ designed specifically for prospecting, but I do think it is in the future.

As for a solid 6 x 10 coil for Equinox, Minelab can kiss my xxx for purposefully leaving us lacking on that one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1