I heard from a buddy that Minelab was discontinuing this model.  I hope it's not true!

I also heard from another buddy that they are no longer going to make single frequency Gold Machines.

I know rumors are what they are but wanted to reach out anyway.

Thanks!

Walt

If you mean they are going to stop making single frequency VLF gold detectors, that's not a bad thing. 

They said some time ago they're not going to make any more new model single frequency machines, everything from now on will be multi.

It's only a matter of time and something I've been waiting for, a Gold Monster 2000 running multi frequency 20, 40, 60 would be grand, and a mode to drop back to single frequencies for high EMI areas, 40kHz runs right under power lines here, I use it on my Nox all the time when I can't use multi due to EMI

If ML are making a multi frequency prospecting detector with a simple operation mode like the GM as well as advanced settings for the times when you need them they'll own the market.  I just hope they have some decent coils for it, better than the GM coils, tough coils for crashing into rocks not hollow junky coils that break like the GM has.  A solid epoxy filled small coil would be great.  If they've sorted out the knock sensitivity that'd also be good.  It also has to have Target ID and notching, vital or the Nox will still reign supreme for my prospecting.

Bring it on!  Where can I pay?

• Like 2

It would be great if they would make it something like 20, 40 & 60 kHz as Simon mentioned.  Add wireless audio and viola, GM2000!

I wish they had made the Eureka Gold simultaneous.  I think it would have made a BIG difference.

Love the Monster and have learned to adjust to most of it's short comings.  With that said....the improvement I'd really enjoy is a two tone machine so I don't have to spend as much time watching the screen.  jmo

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By oneguy
      Guys...  Could use some expertise/advice about using the GM 1000 on the river?  I know I can't really explain the conditions etc but I'll try...bear with me?  First off it's winter and I have maybe 12-24" of bare ground between river and snowbank and river isn't all that low.  I have no idea how deep bedrock is and not much bedrock is visible along banks, even in summer.  This is also glacier gold and lots of it hasn't even thought about hitting bedrock yet. River also running pretty good, slippery bowling ball sized rocks, and drops off fairly quick. My thought was to take the Monster and just detect maybe up to 3' off the bank, in river, behind rocks, etc.  I won't be able to pack in a prybar for flipping rocks but will have my # 2 shovel, pan, sluice , etc. in case I have no luck tecting?  I was curious if any of you have had any luck shooting the shallows behind rocks in steady flowing water?  What I really need is what kind of scoop would you use in moving water (hopefully I could improvise at home)....????  I thought maybe a small metal pan, metal coffee cup, then I thought plastic coffee container, or just hope for the best and use my shovel and dump into plastic gold pan????   Any success stories, tactics or tips on river shooting in flowing water and retrieval tools appreciated!  I'm also new to nugget shooting and only have about 12 hrs on the Monster so that's why the kinda stupid questions....lol  Thanks!
    • By Steve Herschbach
      The original Minelab Gold Monster design simply always ground tracked. You start using it, and it is ground balancing all the time. However, if the mineralization changes a lot, it was a little slow to react. So they added this ability to put it in quick balance mode. Long press the Detect Mode button, the coil symbol flashes, and for a few seconds the ground balance speeds up. Basically it is just a ground grab button. Bill Southern talks about this new function in this video. Like Bill says in the video, most people might never use it,and sure no reason to buy a new machine. It’s a small time saver, nothing more. I’m curious, for those that even know about this, are you actually using it?

• By Steve Herschbach
      Posted by Metal Detecting For Arizona Gold July 4, 2020
      In this video I go out to the Double J claim to gather up some mineralize soil for the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 depth test. I use 7 different Gold Nuggets and conduct the test using Auto 1 and Auto 2.

• By Machineman
      I just picked up my Gold Monster 1000. The first one had a low volume issue and was replaced by the dealer. The second one appears to suffer from bump falsing. This may be due to lack of experience with the machine. I used it for the last 2 days and was able to find some really small gold which is awesome. It did a falsed badly with the small coil and some with the large coil during those 2 days.  I tested it when I got home by holding starting it and ground balancing it in a clear location. Using the small coil. It falsed badly in 10 and 9 less in 7 and 8 and barely in 6.  The issue is not as bad with the large coil.  I then held the small coil up in the air and tested for falsing. The issue was still there but 10 was more like the setting of 7 when grounded.  I moved the cable while in the air and there was no falsing. I used my scoop to tap the coil and cable so my hand wouldn't effect the result. I have generally concluded that the issue is due to high sensitivity setting more than coil or software issues. 
      I would like to verify this by comparing my machine to another.  Some other users could do the same test and see what your results are. This would give us a baseline for what a GM1000 should perform like. 
      Test procedure
      Turn on and balance on clear ground at setting manual 10 or highest possible manual setting with small coil.
      tap coil lightly with scoop or something that wont be detectable.
      Reduce sensitivity until falsing is a non issue.
      Record this setting 
      Then perform same test in the air and record that setting. 
      Post results on this thread
      My results would be Grounded 6. In the air 9 or possibly 10.
      This will obviously vary due to the ground you have and how hard you tap the coil, so the more tests we have the more accurate the data will be. Thanks
    • By JM2855
      All - wondering if any of you out there have any experience with using either of these detectors inside hardrock mines or on hardrock ore, veins, etc.  I recently purchased both of these detectors and I am interested in the discrimination on gold in an old hardrock mine area.  I have found that the Equinox will find arsenopyrite very nicely in samples, and I have found the GM does not respond at all to large chunks of pyrite in samples I have.  However I am interested in discrimination on gold in rock and veins where there are arsenopyrite, pyrite, large amounts of chalcopyrite, lead, zinc, etc.  Anyone with any experiece with the Equinox in prospecting mode sounding off on any of these minerals (besides gold)?  Anyone with experience with the GM 1000 on any of these minerals in Gold non-ferrous mode?  Since some of the veins have extensive pyrite, chalcopyrite and base metals, I was hoping I could discriminate gold from the other elements in some of the hardrock areas and tailings I've come across in my wanderings. Thanks in advance for sharing any thoughts around these detectors on minerals like that in hard rock and how they would likely respond to them.   
    • By Machineman
      I just bought a GM1000 and was under the impression that the external audio is quite loud. Mine is defiantly not. The headphones are loud but not the external. Its brand new and I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping to use it tomorrow but now I think I may have to take it back to the shop.  Kind of takes the excitement out of a new detector. Is this fixable at home? Thanks