Maiden Voyage For Deus :

On 11/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, Elbert said:

Hey Tom I enjoyed your write up, especially of the site history. Interesting the amount of finds after the years of hunting there. How do you think Brian would have done with hi 800.

El

You mean that sissy "cal cobra" feller ?   C'mon El, you know that I will spank him at every turn, right ?   😏

But seriously now, you would know of this site.  And there's been an 800 there, one time, already.  In the hands of Greg P.   He and I were close , in target count, when we went there a few months ago.  He might have had 10 or 12 targets.   The close-ness of the count wasn't really too fair, since this is my site, and I'm more familiar with it.  Versus this was his first time there.

But I can concede that the 800 would beat the explorer in an iron-riddled zone, all-other-things being equal.   But after this maiden voyage with the Deus, and after hunting with these 800 guys in other iron -ridden zones, I'm tempted to think that this will have an edge over the 800.   JMHO.  We shall see.

Tom - I use both the 800 and the Deus. The Deus (or ORX) is my go to iron infested site detector. In the past it was Makro/Nokta detectors, Racer, Racer 2, Multi Kruzer, Anfibio, and the Impact in the iron, but since trying the XP detectors (Deus, ORX) I've sold my Marko/Nokta machines. For the money they are excellent unmaskers but the XP's just work better in iron. JMHO. Wait till you try the HF 9" round coil. 

Say Hi to Brian for me, next time you see him, and get him to try the Deus or ORX. 

• Like 3

Probably you would even improve you results using the "Deus fast" nr 3 program instead of "basic1" nr 1 . And yes the 9inches HF coil is a must in iron trashed sites , especially when running at 30khz .... HH ..

I purchased a Deus in February, and I recently purchased a ORX.  Performance seems to be equal to my Equinox,but what I really like the most is the light weight of the Deus and orx.  I am 75 and the Deus has really made a difference in how long I can detect without my body hurting.  I still have the Equinox, but the Deus is now my favorite.

• Like 2

The ORX Is a new detector that XP came out with recently.  It is basically a cheaper version of the Deus.  It doesn’t have all of the features of the Deus and is simpler to use.  It is about half the price of the Deus.  Some people prefer the ORX because it is simpler.  I prefer the Deus because it has some features that I like that the ORX doesn’t have.

• Like 1