Maiden Voyage For Deus :

7 minutes ago, Steelheader said:

The ORX Is a new detector that XP came out with recently.  It is basically a cheaper version of the Deus.  It doesn’t have all of the features of the Deus and is simpler to use.  It is about half the price of the Deus.  Some people prefer the ORX because it is simpler.  I prefer the Deus because it has some features that I like that the ORX doesn’t have.

thanx steel-header !

I bought an ORX with the 9" HF coil. I liked it so well that I then bought the Deus. I feel the ORX will find every target the Deus will find in iron, both using the same coil. The Deus offers many audio features that make it the better all around detector. Iron sites - ORX or Deus. Parks, Schools, etc. the Deus gets my vote. The ORX has two coin/relic programs (Deus fast and Deus Deep) along with two nugget hunting programs (can be used for coins & relics also) and two slots for user custom programs. Only three tones in fast or deep programs, no five, full, or pitch options. But the ORX does have wireless headphones and wireless connection to the Mi6 Pinpointer like the Deus. Now that I have the Deus, and seeing how I only use it in the iron infested sites, I could be perfectly happy with just having the ORX for that task. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Question for you (or anyone here) :  What is the difference between the Deus and the "ORX" ?

The Orx is a simplified version of the Deus , less settings , 4 programs instead of 11.  However their results in the field are almost the same because they use the same coils , and for the XPs wireless most of the electronics "job" is done inside the coil  .

The only difference I can see the Orx multitone is limited to 3 tones , no "fulltones" available ... But this is not a pb, when in an  "interesting" area you dig everything which sounds good ...

• Like 2

XP deus has an adjustable iron volume ,, and XP Orx does not have an adjustable iron volume, but the iron volume is quite well set ... In both signal detectors you can turn off the iron volume, so in some cases  you can ..clear the signal ...

These detectors belong to the class of the best separation detectors in iron,

Tom_in_CA ......... I wonder if you ever used Etrac with 13 "ultimate ...in long tone... to detect this place ...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Tom_in_CA ......... I wonder if you ever used Etrac with 13 "ultimate ...in long tone... to detect this place ...

Hey there El-nino:   Of all the incarnations of the Explorer, the Etrac was one that I never availed myself of.   So I can't answer that question 😞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Hey there El-nino:   Of all the incarnations of the Explorer, the Etrac was one that I never availed myself of.   So I can't answer that question 😞

In the opinion of one of my colleagues Mike .. who already has something to do with Etrac ... there is an etrac for 13 "ultimate ... in multitone + long tone ... one with really good options .. in the iron carpet ...

Mike .. Etrac in long tone + multitone...in test.

On the other hand, there are several very good detectors for separation in iron ...

one of them is XP Deus / ORX ..which the constructors were based on the previous XP detector Gold Max Power ... which already has a good 2D and 3D separation ...

It should be noted here that the constructors at Deus / ORX did a good job of testing and optimizing the size and EMF coils .. as well as the detector software - where they did not forget about the possibility of software upgrade by the user himself, which of course contributed to optimizing this detector. HF coils and X35 coils ... in which progress is mainly due to the use of high frequencies ..

How to correct the use of high frequencies in unmasking targets in dense iron .. Calabasch Digger pointed out very well in his YT video..I can still write so much ... that sometimes it can help even a slight elevation of the coil 2-4 "above the signal - where it starts work well EMF coils at high frequency..can improve unmasking ..

Calabash still pointed out one more thing .. at Fulltone vs Pitch tone ... that Fulltone may not be the best alternative to signal umnasking at Deus.

A similar situation is the tiex with MXT .. in the Prospecting program set in Hyper-Sat ... where Pitch tone also works and often does more work than classic tone discrimination ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I will make a practical explanation of the work of the elliptical 9.5x 5 "HF coil in XP ORX on the coin fast-detection program for 2D-2.5D separation in iron.

Elliptical 9.5x5 "HF coil - separation limit at different frequencies:

at  14.0 Khz... the limit is... 6cm from the Au 9k ring..

IMG-20201108-WA0060.jpg--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at. 26.6 khz -the limit is.. 3cm.. from the  Au 9K ring...

IMG-20201108-WA0062.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 74.0Khz..the limit is 0cm.. from the Au 9K ring.. !

IMG-20201108-WA0064.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final? In this position, when the nail is directly above the ring ... it is possible that it is not possible to get the right signal even when using 74 Khz ...

If you want to succeed ... you have to raise the coil 10 -12cm above the target ... and you really get the right signal ... at 74 Khz ...

when using the frequency 14.0 Khz and 26.6 Khz you will not get such a chance..these frequencies will not give you any positive non-ferrous signal in this situation ...

IMG-20201108-WA0066.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** With deep 3D separation, the situation can change ... because a very important factor of optimal coil size also comes into play ... / somewhere between 8-9-11 "/ ... for the best deep 3D separation ..

Now I will make a practical explanation of the work of the elliptical 9.5x 5 "HF coil in XP ORX on the coin fast-detection program for 2D-2.5D separation in iron.

Elliptical 9.5x5 "HF coil - separation limit at different frequencies ..

the limit is 6cm from the ring

Final? In this position, when the nail is directly above the ring ... it seems that it is not possible to get the right signal even when using 74 Khz ...

If you want to succeed ... you have to raise the coil 10 -12cm above the target ... and you will really get the right signal ... at 74 Khz ...

when using the frequency 14.0 Khz and 26.6 Khz you will not get such a chance..these frequencies will not give you any positive non-ferrous signal in this situation ...

Remember that in not all situations and positions of the target, the separation will work like this - you can feel it in certain positions of the target between the rails ..

** With deep 3D separation, the situation can change ... because a very important factor of optimal coil size also comes into play ... / somewhere between 8-9-11 "/ ... for the best deep 3D separation ..

Here, an elliptical HF 9.5x5 "coil with a result of at least 32-34 cm between the nails for the right signal will not work best ... The best detectors on the correct larger 9-11" coil will get a value of 17-18 cm distance between 30 gram 6 "nails. .
This test is very hard but really shows what the best detectors can do for separation.

Elliptical 9.5x5 "HF coil - separation limit at different frequencies ..

the limit is 6cm from the ring

Final? In this position, when the nail is directly above the ring ... it seems that it is not possible to get the right signal even when using 74 Khz ...

If you want to succeed ... you have to raise the coil 10 -12cm above the target ... and you will really get the right signal ... at 74 Khz ...

Remember that in not all situations and positions of the target, the separation will work like this - you can feel it in certain positions of the target between the rails ..

Here, an elliptical HF 9.5x5 "coil with a result of at least 32-34 cm between the nails for the right signal will not work best ... The best detectors on the correct larger 9-11" coil will get a value of 17-18 cm distance between 30 gram 6 "nails. .
This test is very hard but it really shows what the best detectors can do for separation ...

..for an Elliptical coil in a 3D frequency test I work differently here ...
the best signal you get on a silver 5 gram coin at 14 Khz ... then 26 khz khz ...
best signal for gold 0.6 gram gold 9k ring best works 74khz, then 26.6 khz...

if you want better 3D separation than a 9.5x 5 "Ellipse coil in normal sweeping .. you have to go to a wider 9" or 11 "coil...

IMG_20201108_192504 (2).jpg

IMG_20201108_192935 (2).jpg