2 Days Beach Hunting With AQ And GPX - Finally!

4 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

Thanks for sharing the story. How big is that ahnk?

The Ankh is 1" and the loop is another 3/8", so decent size but not overly huge. Also that chain is 22" long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Great report and a Big Congrads on the 1st And 2nd AQ golds. Sure takes the pressure off..

Thanks Joe. Your battery had a lot to do with it. I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted and not worry about battery time. I think that my decision making prior was based on odds of finding things instead of instinct. So far I ran the battery twice for a total of 8 hours. I'll probably charge it only because I don't like swapping batteries midstream.

• Like 2

I understand the need to protect your "honey holes"! That's tough to do on any day! I do my best to give other guy's a wide birth! When going the opposite direction! And if i hear any other detector's in my headphones, i will be the first to shut mine off! A few have been thankful for me giving way, and actually stopped to chat a bit! I especially try to be as respectful of the regulars I've seen, because they sometimes share some tidbits of information about locations, and finds! But that's just the icing on the cake!👍👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I understand the need to protect your "honey holes"! That's tough to do on any day! I do my best to give other guy's a wide birth! When going the opposite direction! And if i hear any other detector's in my headphones, i will be the first to shut mine off! A few have been thankful for me giving way, and actually stopped to chat a bit! I especially try to be as respectful of the regulars I've seen, because they sometimes share some tidbits of information about locations, and finds! But that's just the icing on the cake!👍👍

I'm the same way unless you are a jerk and cut me off and try and detect in front of me when there is a mile of beach to hunt. That's when I turn the GPX to maximum and follow you closely. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm out of likes, so here you go!😂 👍👍

• Like 1

Congrats on your first and second AQ Gold. Great eyeball find. Maybe I need to start wearing my glasses more.

HH

Mike

• Like 2