Little Gold, Little Silver, And Big Copper

Compass

Very nice hunt with some good results for you.

What unit were you using to detect with?

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Great job Compass,

Depending on the type of chain link, sand will get in and make the chain stiff! It's than easy to break when handling! Obviously silver corrodes, and adds to the problem! But gold can get just as stiff, almost like a piece of wire! Much more so, when it's in the active surf zone rolling back and fourth!👍👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Very nice hunt with some good results for you.

What unit were you using to detect with?

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks VL, I was using the TDI Beach Hunter. Like the AQ it hits the low conductors pretty well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Very nice Monsieur!!!!!!!!Copper =Scrap 😁😁

RR

Merci beaucoup Rivers rat! Yes, scrap or something to sell on-line. I think I can make it look pretty.

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great job Compass,

Depending on the type of chain link, sand will get in and make the chain stiff! It's than easy to break when handling! Obviously silver corrodes, and adds to the problem! But gold can get just as stiff, almost like a piece of wire! Much more so, when it's in the active surf zone rolling back and fourth!👍👍

Thank you Joe, The links on this chain were very thin so I wasn't too surprised. I haven't found that many gold chains but, yes, some were stiff and tangled up. I think that it also has to do with the karats and how long they have been in the water. The better quality gold chains seem to be less prone to stiffening.

I recognize part of a rosary (Roman Catholic bead set for keeping track of a prayer series):

rosary.thumb.png.972cf34580e2405c3bcc59732ec80bcf.png

I can't tell from the photos if yours is precious metal (silver) or not.  If 'yes', maybe the remainder is still out there and worth another check.  Not surprisingly these come made of a variety of materials (from plastic to olive seeds to precious metals and gems).  Didn't know the beach was a popular place to use one 😁 -- possibly in someone's purse or pocket that accidentally fell out.

That's a nice variety of finds.  The bracelet is pretty interesting.  I'm surprised someone didn't find/pick that up from just sight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NIce save on the treasures Compass! I'm surprised you don't have the "AQ" yet. Hopefully soon...Dag Convid has slowed all even more..

Like the copper ring, neat design...is the Gator gold? 

• Like 1