Little Gold, Little Silver, And Big Copper

Compass

5 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Good to see some CA action.   Let's hope we get some surf, swell, and tide action to rake our coast this winter, eh ?

Yes, Would love to see some epic sand movement this winter!

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I recognize part of a rosary (Roman Catholic bead set for keeping track of a prayer series):

rosary.thumb.png.972cf34580e2405c3bcc59732ec80bcf.png

I can't tell from the photos if yours is precious metal (silver) or not.  If 'yes', maybe the remainder is still out there and worth another check.  Not surprisingly these come made of a variety of materials (from plastic to olive seeds to precious metals and gems).  Didn't know the beach was a popular place to use one 😁 -- possibly in someone's purse or pocket that accidentally fell out.

That's a nice variety of finds.  The bracelet is pretty interesting.  I'm surprised someone didn't find/pick that up from just sight.

Thanks GBA, You are spot on. I actually found the other part of the rosary a couple weeks ago. It is stamped Italy but it looks like tungsten carbide.  Ironically, I found both parts of the rosary where I have been searching for the matching half of the Cartier bracelet I found last month so I think that it's a good sign!

I think that the copper bracelet was lost in the surf like most of my recent finds. I've been focusing on hunting farther out during the lower tides.

IMG_20201114_121441.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

NIce save on the treasures Compass! I'm surprised you don't have the "AQ" yet. Hopefully soon...Dag Convid has slowed all even more..

Like the copper ring, neat design...is the Gator gold? 

Thanks OBN, After much consideration I actually decided to wait a bit on the AQ. No doubt there are places where I could put it to good use but for the type of hunting that I do my current detectors are doing fine for now. I'll reassess things when the production model is available.

The gator is not gold- maybe brass?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Little Gold, Little Silver, And Big Copper