• Joe D. changed the title to A Few Good Treasure Coast Erosion Days! п

Up here they use big granite blocks and those drift and wash away too. As much as I like beach detecting it gets discouraging when you see all that wash. Not for nothing but if your pretty much digging all why not get a PI for the beach. One the guys is selling a new TDI BH for $900. Really hard to beat them in the salt I think.

Will have to check out those books.

• Like 1
  • Joe D. changed the title to A Few Good Treasure Coast Erosion Days!

Simon,

I was using a used Nox 800 i recently bought, in a "box of parts" for $315! It was a barebones unit with no headphones, wireless unit, or lower shaft! This was it's maiden hunt!

The huge sandbags actually work very well! And yes, they are full of sand! I wish they would use them all over, instead of constantly pumping useless amounts of expensive sand on the beaches! Only to be washed away every year!

Kac,

I would love a PI! Are you offering to send me one??😁 Maybe when my other machines are paid off, i will get one, but i have spent my limit for awhile! I am interested in future AQ development, but we will see what comes out in the next year or two! 👍👍

• Like 1

I would think the finds would be around the bags in the depressions, just a thought.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

Nice pictures. I see different colored bags. Do the blue ones show more of an erosion effect took place or is it just different colors. Are they pretty much all along the treasure coast or just in certain areas. Thanks! Bob K

• Like 1

Gary,

That's where all the item's i detected where found this time! I figure that they act like riffles for gold! But things also get blasted out of these areas, back up near the cliff, or washed out to the water!

Okara,

There are two different colors that i have seen! The blue one's run about a half mile, and are only here, as far as i know! The white one's I've only seen in front of one house! 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Joe D. said:

...There were musket ball's and spent bullets!

Can those be tied to a particular time period/skirmish/etc.?  What's the silver-looking coin-like object under the two pennies in the photo?

GB,

For the most part, the musketballs are generally thought to have been in small barrels from the 1715 Fleet! And are generally found in groups! There is some conjecture on the spent bullets, but they appear to be from between the 40's and 60's! From people just target shooting into the bank! There was also alot of WW2 training going on not too far South of here with live ammunition, including 50 cal. and bombs!

That coin was a 65' quarter! Underneath which may be a smashed musketball, or spru piece! And the other one is one of those  possible WW2 spent bullets!👍👍

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mn90403
      This is quite a video ...

• By geof_junk
      An article on the origin of money .....

.....LINK.....

Has anyone found any of these.
    • By Dancer
      My 10 year old At getting some extra time while my Infinium is getting overhauled.  Found a brackish water small beach, tide just heading in slow.  Polluted with tabs and had been hunted recently.    Pretty quiet till I struck a small area with a nice spill of coins. So about $2.90 and no bling.    Doesn't sound like much but a bonanza after hunting in deeply sanded beaches.    Great day too.

• By Nik11
      2 metal detectors under 1000$€£ 
      Both have won many compliments and have been talked a lot  since they were released in the market! Which one would YOU choose...? 🤔
    • By Northeast
      Having just spent a few days at the beach using the Equinox in beach mode and it performing so well I wondered if people use them for detecting salt lakes looking for gold.  Maybe a silly question? 
      My disclaimer is that I have never done that sort of detecting but have read many comments over the past few years about salt lakes being notoriously hard for detectors to handle. 
      Although the Equinox is a VLF and might struggle against a PI in mineralised ground, would it possibly have a distinct advantage in a high salt environ.  
      Steve H - thanks for shifting my other thread about beach detecting. Again, wasn’t sure about this one - Gold forum or Equinox?
      Cheers, N.E.
    • By schoolofhardNox
      My second hunt this past week was at my favorite EMI beach. Besides getting a new scoop I also decided to try a Coiltek 14" anti-interference coil for my GPX. I need every advantage when hunting this beach, so I decided to give it a go. I was hoping I could still use the coin/relic setting with this coil as it is the deepest, but it was not going to happen. So I changed timings and it worked well. Now all that was left was to see how much depth I lost. Honestly, at first I did not like the coil since I really wanted the most depth I could get, as the coins tend to be deep. But I kept at it and eventually did get 2 silvers that were around 12" deep. Not bad, but a bit short of the depth I wanted. Then something strange happened. I got another deep sounding signal and dug down around 12". Still no target with the pinpointer, so I scraped another 2 inches out, and finally I heard the target, I carefully removed 1 more inch and I flipped out a small copper ring. I measured the hole and it was 15". I couldn't believe I heard that ring that deep. I'm pretty careful with my measuring and I saw the ring flip over when I was pulling sand away, so I'm confident that it was not falling back into the hole. I use a spade to get the bulk of the sand away and then use my hand to finish finding the target. Although it's just a junk ring, I like the enamel design that the 40's through 50's era produces. I've found a couple religious medals before and they were enameled the same way. A couple more trinkets and lots of junk I didn't photograph, and that was it. I'm always happy to get any silver at this beach, so 2 silvers this time of year is a good hunt for me. Just happy to get out twice in one week.