The Fruits Of My Imagination!

1 hour ago, GoldTree said:

Hello!

The area I found these two nuggets in is actually a known and producing patch that I have been exploring and observing. I personally have found just over 10 nuggets from this deposit ranging from multi-gram to sub-gram, and I am also aware of a few other detectorists who have pulled many nuggets from the very same location. 

However! I am not completely convinced yet as to what type of deposit this may be... Sometimes the gold and the ground suggest it is a high and dry ancient channel that has been concentrated over time on this hilltop and in a nearby gulch. But other times the gold alone says it isn't far from its original source. Maybe it's both!!! I have yet to completely explore the possibility of a nugget producing lode on this hill of mine because there is plenty of placer for me to exploit currently. Between detecting and drywashing, I can assure you this is absolutely a Gold Deposit! 

Like I said originally though, I have much exploration still to do! 3 acres can sound relatively small, but when trying to thoroughly explore a very remote 3 acres by yourself, that relativity scale certainly tips towards the large side of perception.

Here's a little more confirmation that this is indeed a Gold Deposit:

IMG_1519[1].JPG

Yes !! 3 acres is a large deposit for me. I havent really been using my Metal detector since i dont have much knowledge in where to detect. I have been to shallow gold deposits here but most of the paygravel is like above a pipe clay. Thats the best sign i have learned to find shallow ground.  

But im looking forward to buying some books to learn more. . 

I have seen people speak about searching where the hillslopes ends and the benches start.. Its the only place i didnt focus detecting in my metal detecting experience.