Is Anyone Using An Rnb Lithium Battery For The Vanquish?

Bayard

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

These are Nickel-metal Hydrides, right?  Are the rechargeables from Minelab also NiMH or are they lithium?

I've used the Eneloop Pros in my White's TDI/SPP.  I like them, and they are well-known for holding their charge during storage, which is rare among NiMH batteries.  The biggest problem I've seen with NiMH is their lower voltage (e.g. AA's 'plateau' around 1.25-1.3 V).  But for most modern electronics with voltage regulation that isn't an issue.

The ML's are NiMH's.

7 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The ML's are NiMH's.

Oh, hmmm, now I understand this thread, and it sounds like a pretty lame offering they came up with.  I get it that they don't want to 'threaten' the Equinox 600 sales, but this dangling of a rotten carrot is over the line, IMO.

If they are just AA's then snag the rechargable Lipo AA, some come with a mini usb ports on them like the Blackubes have and others have a special charger similar (not the same and do not use NiMh to chage LiPo) to the NiMh ones. They average around $25 for a 4 pack, run time is between 1 1/2 to 2x longer than alkalines. Charge time is around 2 hours or less. For the money the RnB run about double the cost of independent aa's.

NiMh batteries have lower voltages than standard alkalines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 1:19 PM, Bayard said:

I'd rather spend $60 and never have to worry about batteries again. 

In that case, avoid lithiums. They are more delicate, less forgiving to abuse and have a lower lifespan than a high quality NiMH cell.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, mh9162013 said:

In that case, avoid lithiums. They are more delicate, less forgiving to abuse and have a lower lifespan than a high quality NiMH cell.

Your assertion is contrary to my experience of the last five years using only RNB lithium battery packs in my Etrac.  I would never go back to NiMH and have to charge batteries the night before every hunt.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, Bayard said:

Your assertion is contrary to my experience of the last five years using only RNB lithium battery packs in my Etrac.  I would never go back to NiMH and have to charge batteries the night before every hunt.

All else being equal, with current battery tech, a lithium (poly or ion) cell will not be as durable or forgiving to abuse as a high quality NiMH cell.

That doesn't mean lithium packs or cells will never be able to outlast or outperform nickel-based cells, though, as there are so many variables that determine how long a cell lasts and different levels of lithium and nickel cell quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Anybody in the states selling RNB's?👍👍