White's Spectrum Xlt E-series Software Version

locator

Hello.

I just did a forum search but this ended up with a useless result. My question for the long time White's users is, is there more than one software version for the XLT Spectrum E-Series detector? Just read somewhere in the net there was a 1.0 and a 1.1 version. Is this correct?

1783769649_WhitesXLT.thumb.JPG.713ebfd42ae6c8419dcf898a5d79e1dc.JPG

There is a firmware 1.1 ..... on my colleague's old XLT, so I assume there was also a version 1.0 ..

IMG_20201118_165105.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This XLT has also been modified for the use of  XLT coils  7Khz/ 6.6 khz/ and  coils from DFX / MXT- 14khz .....and I was interested in it ..., so I borrowed the XLT from him ..

IMG_20201118_165933.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much, El Nino77. Wow. Using the 14 kHz Eclipse series coils on the XLT would be a great improvement. Is there a chance that you do a schematic and posting it here?

Another post about the software # I found a few minutes ago using google search. -->

So my understanding of the written is, version 1.0 was build for the Eagle Spectrum and the XLT got the 1.1 version. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, locator said:

Hello.

I just did a forum search but this ended up with a useless result. My question for the long time White's users is, is there more than one software version for the XLT Spectrum E-Series detector? Just read somewhere in the net there was a 1.0 and a 1.1 version. Is this correct?

I've been a long-time White's users, since the summer f '68.  I currently have my 38th XLT and have owned one since June of '94.  The XLT is not an Eagle Spectrum circuitry in a different housing, it is a unit unto itself.  The first XLT software Version was the 1.0 and not too long after they made a few mode changes and it became Version 1.1 .... and that was it.  Those were the only 'Version' changes made to the XLT.

There were some other changes along the way as some components were no longer available that White's used, such as the Display Back-light brightness.  Originally it was a very noticeable increase from Off to Low to the Brightest (highest) setting, but there came a time when what they didn't produce as bright a back-lighted display.  So there were a few changes along the way. like gong to a different brand tire on a vehicle, but the 'Version' would have been a 1.0 or 1.1 and that's it.

Monte

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 18.11.2020 at 17:03, EL NINO77 said:

Na starym XLT kolegi jest firmware 1.1 ..... więc zakładam, że była też wersja 1.0 ..

IMG_20201118_165105.jpg

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Ten XLT został również zmodyfikowany do użycia cewek XLT 7Khz / 6,6khz / i cewek DFX / MXT- 14khz ..... i byłem tym zainteresowany ... więc pożyczyłem od niego XLT.

IMG_20201118_165933.jpg

Hello! Could you give me some information about this modification?

Thank you very much