Nugget Finder Coil For Gpz

ghansen

Just the 12 inch coil would be great. It keeps being pushed back because of a delay in parts arriving caused by Covid.

This isn't Nuggetfinder's fault, but frustrating nonetheless.

It's not the weight reduction of the new coils that I find attractive, but rather the increased sensitivity and possible greater depth, on small pieces.

Simon although most parts are made on site the materials to make them may beheld up at their source. Rohan was very sincere and accominating way back in 2006 when I had a problem with a 16" coil and have not had any reason to think he has changed since then.  I believe the 12" will be the best size for prospecting and will be used almost as the goto coil, except for some of those tiny bits less than 0.01 gm bits.  

I too am waiting for these long awaited Z coils, but for the life of me I don't understand why Rohan has started with one so close in size to the standard ?

Maybe a 10 inch, or 17 inch, would have been a better option to give current users a different size coil ??

One thing I do know about Rohan, he won't release them until they are perfect, with any bugs ironed out. 👍

Rick

• Like 4

2 hours ago, araratgold said:

Maybe a 10 inch, or 17 inch, would have been a better option to give current users a different size coil ??

Agreed, also because the 12 inch is in reality more a 13 inch. I still think ML has something cooking for more GPZ coil options. Could be released with the next product cycle around the time the 6000 comes out. They must know that the lack of coil options for the GPZ is a big complaint and people just go an look somewhere else for it.

• Like 1

Simon,

I firmly believe, and have for a long time, that Minelab don't give a damn about coils, or their betterment. 

They leave it to the aftermarket, which is fine, but in the case of the GPZ they should have supplied the chips to the aftermarket makers from day one ! Just an act of corporate bastardry IMHO !

Rick

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked