I Hit For The Silver Cycle But My Friend...

Compass

Great hunt and your friend has a lucky streak in him for his first hunt.

Very nice finds indeed.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on the silver (jewelry) cycle.  You had a double win this week -- second one helping a friend, and that paid off, too.  Silver takes a backseat to gold here at DP.com, but for me any silver (coin or jewelry) makes a successful hunt.  And if my wife likes the jewelry, even better!

My (very) modest cycle is (copper) penny, nickel, dime, quarter USA common coins.  Better is the old coin cycle:  Wheat or Indian Head cent, Buffalo or older nickel or silver alloy WWII nickel ('Warnick'), silver dime, and silver quarter.  Best I've done are three out of 4 (I've not had much success finding silver quarters, let alone silver halves or dollars -- big zeroes for me on those last two).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt and your friend has a lucky streak in him for his first hunt.

Very nice finds indeed.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL, In the past, chains have always been few and far between but this has been the "year of the chains" for me. Perhaps my chain "run" is rubbing off on others! 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geof_junk said:

You  have displayed those silver finds spectacularly, I am really impressed with your layout. 

Thanks Geoff, The beach didn't look too promising yesterday so I had the time to do some documentation of the finds- mostly to give perspective on the size of the big silver chain. 😉

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Congratulations on the silver (jewelry) cycle.  You had a double win this week -- second one helping a friend, and that paid off, too.  Silver takes a backseat to gold here at DP.com, but for me any silver (coin or jewelry) makes a successful hunt.  And if my wife likes the jewelry, even better!

My (very) modest cycle is (copper) penny, nickel, dime, quarter USA common coins.  Better is the old coin cycle:  Wheat or Indian Head cent, Buffalo or older nickel or silver alloy WWII nickel ('Warnick'), silver dime, and silver quarter.  Best I've done are three out of 4 (I've not had much success finding silver quarters, let alone silver halves or dollars -- big zeroes for me on those last two).

Thanks GBA, Yes, I don't usually get too excited about silver but I do like big silver, designer silver and silver chains.

When I used to focus on coinshooting it took me forever to find my first silver half-  a Franklin and I still haven't found a silver dollar. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kac said:

Really nice, only chain I ever found was a piece of a silver one. Congrats!

Thanks kac, Maybe I've just been luckier this year and luck does play a part but I think that other factors are also at play. This year I hunted more because I am fully retired now, I'm getting more used to my Equinox (lakes) and TDI BeachHunter (beaches), slowing down my swing speed when I get into promising areas, digging more of the small and questionable signals and getting a better feel of where and when to hunt. I'm guessing that I have found 20-30 chains or pieces of chains this year but many, if not most, have been junk.

• Like 3

Compass,

That is a nice collection.  Well done.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1