A Late Morning Lake Hunt!

"  I was there about 3 hours, and only worked about a 5x20 foot area against the shore, but the targets were layered and plentiful!"

It is very tempting to move on but that's a good haul. One of the old schools that I detected many years ago put me is the same boat as you. The school and village  closed in the late 1950s. Back then us kids had free milk in small bottles with the then modern aluminium tops instead of the old wax cardboard tops. Due to atomic bomb testing in that era we had iodine tablets and took them with the milk. Of course we screwed up the tops and flicked them at each other. Back to junk targets you will know how much effort had to be done to extract the coins from that school.     

• Like 4

Great hunt in a small area and a lot of targets to dig.

Great hunting and good luck on your next outing.

After looking at your pictures more closely I did see where you did get a 1/2 cent piece.

That must have come up quite strange on your display.

• Like 2

Hey Joe D. , nice outing even without finding any jewelry. Been detecting my local lake beach looking for jewelry but only finding coins ( a few silvers ) & toys and a Lot of melted aluminum from firepits. What coil were U swinging ? Weather permitting today ( It's warmed up into the 30's ) I'm going to put my 15" coil on & give it a shot for some Bling. Water has finally come down so I can get to where swimmers would be losing their bling in the Cold Lake Water. Photo shows finds from last detect outing before temps dropped. I have taken a hundred or so coins from same beach can't believe I haven't found any jewelry YET !!!! LOL !!!!!!!!

20201023_160835.jpg

20201023_152750.jpg

• Like 9

Bit of research seems the round is 10mm x 30mm so maybe large cal pistol like a 40 cal? Was there a body nearby? lol

Nice haul!

• Like 1

Joe, Congrats on finding a productive site! Did I understand correctly that you only went as far as 2 feet deep in the water? !s that because of the headphones? The reason I ask is that most of my jewelry is found in a little deeper water- perhaps 3-4 feet. 

• Like 1

Dig it,

That's a postcard picture of the mountains and lake! You are a lucky man! Keep up the hunts!

Compass,

The headphones and connections are waterproof! That depth transitions from white sand to a mucky bottom, and zero visibility!👍👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Dig it,

That's a postcard picture of the mountains and lake! You are a lucky man! Keep up the hunts!

Compass,

The headphones and connections are waterproof! That depth transitions from white sand to a mucky bottom, and zero visibility!👍👍

Joe, It would be interesting to see where people hang out in that lake. One of my best producing lakes has near zero visibility throughout.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe D. / Johnny Crunch, on the inside of the tree line there are RV camp site's and during the summer the lake water is up to the trees, so a lot of folks brave the cold glacier fed lake water and go for a swim. And I know some must have forgotten to take their jewelry off, But for the life of me I'm just not getting my coil over any of It !!! It's driving me Mad !!! LOL !!!! I've been hunting this beach since the 800 NOX came out, been pretty much the only detector out there with the occasionally friend that I have talk into buying one coming along, but mostly just me. Have found 100 or so coins, toys, and lot's of trash. So what the heck am I doing wrong ??? I do my Noise Cancellation / Ground Balance & start in Park 1 & mess with my sensitivity & threshold a bit, then I might switch to Field 1 doing same setup. Normally using stock coil, gonna swing the 15" coil over same beach area that I have already gone over as soon as weather breaks. Is it that old saying It's Better To Be Lucky Then Good Any Day ??? Is it just that simple ??? Haha !!!!!!!!

20201003_102156.jpg

• Like 3