GMX Iron Discrimination Wrap Around Feature

Nuggets

I watched the youtube video of the guy from whites demonstrating the iron discrimination ability to wrap around to the 99 range by pressing the lock button while in discrimination mode. However, on my gmx it keeps only adjusting the ground balance offset, which is what happens normally when you press and hold the lock button. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Id love to knockout 99 numbers. Nate

It was probably me in the video. I think I remember this control requiring the following steps:

1. Hold the DISC button for about 3 seconds to enter disc edit mode

2. Tap the LOCK button to engage the wraparound feature

3. Hit the pinpoint button to exit the disc edit mode

• Like 4

7 hours ago, tboykin said:

It was probably me in the video. I think I remember this control requiring the following steps:

Thanks brother! I am heading up to do some detecting tomorrow and I will follow these steps. Ill update hopefully with some gold pics. Side note: checking out a creek I was tipped off on by an old timer I met on the river. Apparently he has over 8000 pieces of gold, over 100 ounces, 35 years, I was like "thats it!?". Glad I asked if he had any tips and he pointed me towards a spot he does pretty well, we'll see. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, tboykin said:

I am able to have it discriminate from 1-6 both on the left side of the scale and right side of the scale separately. However, when I want it to wrap around on both sides the setting has to be at 5. Any idea on this?

In Disc mode when I hold the disc button for 3 seconds and press the lock button I can set it just the right side or the high end, I assume if its on the right side and set at a 1 it means 99 is cancelled, 2 means 98 is cancelled etc. When I bump it up to 5 is when it indicates the wrap around with both symbols lit on each side.

The Gmx with the 6" coil is impressive. I am not an expert but I found a .1 piece about 3-4 inches in a crevice. I have used the gold bug pro before which is awesome. This definitely feels like it punches deep for a vlf.