Detecting Boots

I'm looking for a pair of light weight and comfortable boots with hiking soles and no metal eyelets or hooks.  The key words are Light Weight and Comfortable!

Anyone know of any?

Thanks!

Walt

• The title was changed to Detecting Boots

I used to wear these desert tan converse combat boots.  They are said to be waterproof outers but my pair always let water in, but I didn't care because your feet dry super fast in them, like within an hour. Ever your socks. I will be buying another pair in the spring because they were super comfy and I think they would probably work well with my bad Achilles tendon. Here are some other Converse models as well.

I definitely would not wear these in areas where you have to wear snake guards as they will NOT give your feet any protection against a snake bite.

Screenshot_20201120-183955.png

Screenshot_20201120-184028.png

Screenshot_20201120-184044.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Here’s a couple of pairs The Taskmaster and I used in WA...

They work a treat

We call them  4wd thongs  

Really easy to get them off when you smashy your big toe

774A4099-77FC-4580-8E53-01CDFDE168A9.jpeg

00CBF2A0-7569-41F4-B1FE-F6249BCE23AA.jpeg

Paul that is our secret weapon, you were supposed to keep that Quiet 🤐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Here’s a couple of pairs The Taskmaster and I used in WA...

They work a treat

We call them  4wd thongs  

Really easy to get them off when you smashy your big toe

774A4099-77FC-4580-8E53-01CDFDE168A9.jpeg

00CBF2A0-7569-41F4-B1FE-F6249BCE23AA.jpeg

Did you by them here in WA? If so what brand are they if you don’t mind.

I wear thongs a lot but the Double-Gees here go right through them and nail them to your feet. They look like they’d do the job

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I used to wear these desert tan converse combat boots.  They are said to be waterproof outers but my pair always let water in, but I didn't care because your feet dry super fast in them, like within an hour. Ever your socks. I will be buying another pair in the spring because they were super comfy and I think they would probably work well with my bad Achilles tendon. Here are some other Converse models as well.

I definitely would not wear these in areas where you have to wear snake guards as they will NOT give your feet any protection against a snake bite.

Screenshot_20201120-183955.png

Screenshot_20201120-184028.png

Screenshot_20201120-184044.png

I was given the first pair basically brand new by a bloke who decided they were too uncomfortable.

Reasonably comfortable for me but geez do they make my feet sweat! So much so that my feet end up the same colour as what ever sock I was wearing that day due to the dye.

also the zip ends do signal on my 7000 but not a problem if you know they are there.

You know, now that you mention the sweating thing, I do remember them doing that. At the time I was in the water alot and I just ignore that fact. I'll still get another pair. For me they were super comfortable and had good traction. I wear boots with metal eyelets for years now with pulse and vlf detectors, and as long as you keep your feet away from detector, it's been no issue for me.

• Thanks 1