On 11/20/2020 at 11:14 PM, Randy Lunn said:

The Harquahala Mountains near Salome, Arizona provided a beautiful location for Bill Southern's three-day Patreon outing for those who back his YouTube channel, Nugget Shooter Journals.

Very nice, Randy! Too bad I could not come. I will be there next time.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great trip, and nice gold to boot; WTG!

• Like 1

Randy,

Good job on the writing and good gold.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Randy,  Glad you were about to attend Bill's rally and get to spend time with well known nugget hunters.  As someone who does quite a few Field Events, I know the the extra efforts and time it takes to put one of these together and realize not everyone will be pleased. But if the majority of folks are happy, then it's a win win.

Not many dealers will take the time to put events like these together as there is more to it than most folks realize, but Bill/Tammy are the exception and they enjoy sharing knowledge.  To anyone who might be interested, just being around them, listening/watching can help someone become a better Nugget Hunter.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the gold finds. Just being around them was a nugget in itself.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Randy,  Glad you were about to attend Bill's rally and get to spend time with well known nugget hunters.  As someone who does quite a few Field Events, I know the the extra efforts and time it takes to put one of these together and realize not everyone will be pleased. But if the majority of folks are happy, then it's a win win.

Not many dealers will take the time to put events like these together as there is more to it than most folks realize, but Bill/Tammy are the exception and they enjoy sharing knowledge.  To anyone who might be interested, just being around them, listening/watching can help someone become a better Nugget Hunter.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the gold finds. Just being around them was a nugget in itself.

Thank you Gerry, and I also need to thank you for getting me started. About five years ago I bumped into you at Rye Patch as you were about to start a class. You let me join. You, Lunk, Spencer and the team got me up to speed on how to use my GPZ giving me a great understanding of the settings and how to swing and listen. The detectors response to different types of nuggets was amazing. Each team member gave me different insights that have paid off. 

At that time the GM 1000 was just coming out, and I ordered one from you. This is the detector that found my nuggets in Salome, AZ. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mellifluous17
      Can anyone recommends any really great gold hunting adventures in the USA?  Maybe something like a week guided tour.
    • By nvchris
      UPDATE,
      Ill keep sending out apps, but its likely the few spots are taken and this will be reserving your spot in the wait list Que..
      We have a few Western States Prospecting Association openings available.
      PM me with your email address and Ill send you information and an application.
      Were a limited membership capped at 100 paid members.
      Dues are a family membership for $135 a year, seniors pay $100 after the first year.
      The claims are proven to hold detectable gold with locations in 3 western states CA, NV and AZ.
      Like big gold?
      This one came from one of our NorCal claims!

Chris Porter
      WSPA President 
    • By Jeff McClendon
      Hi,
      This hunt is open to the public and is still scheduled to happen as of March 19, 2020. Hopefully it will not be postponed or cancelled. Jeff

• By Steve Herschbach
      Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt / DIGGIN' TEXAS 2020
      Weekend of March 27-29, 2020 (rain or shine)
      First Monday (flea market grounds)
      800 First Monday Lane
      Canton, TX 75103
      For RV Reservations: https://www.firstmondaycanton.com/rv-park 
      Posted 03-13-20
      Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Garrett Metal Detectors has come to the difficult decision to postpone the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV scheduled March 27 – 29, 2020 in favor of safety for all. We are disappointed that we will not be together in Canton and hope everyone understands. We will be back to you once we have decided what our next steps will be in regards to the dates for the rescheduled event.
      Basic Hunt Package:
      Participation in several prize hunts: Lights Out Hunt, Free Range Hunt, and Kids Hunt (for those 12 and under). Three prize token games will be seeded throughout the weekend, including tokens for the Gold Coin Challenge. One Charles Garrett Memorial/Diggin' Texas Hunt T-shirt (if hunt fee is paid before February 1, 2020). Free First Monday park admission and tent camping (RV camping requires additional fee). Hunters are free to search throughout the park grounds for native coins and relics. In addition, special prize tokens and caches will be seeded throughout the park grounds. Optional Silver Hunt and Relic Hunt also available.
      Plenty of Fun for All Ages!
      Meet other treasure hunters and find some treasure! Or explore Canton's historic district and local museums. Free Kids Hunt for ages 12 and under. All prizes will be awarded! A random drawing will be conducted for unclaimed prizes. Special guests, more details to be announced! Picnic and coolers allowed. Concessions available in Civic Center building on Saturday and Sunday. Visit the Garrett website for more information and to sign up!

• By mn90403
      The Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club Super Hunt is this Saturday.  The weather looks good so we are going to attend.  We'll be in the Blythe area on Friday morning and willing to go up to Quartzsite for an afternoon of nugget hunting.  Does anyone want a tag-a-long which includes a 2 year old?  haha
      We could go to Tom Wells Road or up to one of the GPAA claims or ???  Ken and Lunk where are you?
      Mitchel
      https://www.quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com/events/2018/1/20/qmdc-january-super-hunt-df7jl