Nugget Finder Coil Cover For Gpz?

Ryan

Well I have now gone through a second GPZ stock coil cover. Has anyone tried out the Nugget Finder coil cover for the 14x13 and if so how have you liked it? I am either looking at one of these or somehow modifying my stock cover to extend the life. If the stock covers were only $10 I could justify the reoccurring cost but at almost $50 ..not really.   Thanks

I have the Nugget Finder solid skid plate for the GPZ 19 coil; while the plastic is not as durable as the Miner John's plastic, anything is better than the Minelab skid plate (not to mention less expensive)!

• Like 2

I also have the Nugget Finder coil cover. It is a vast improvement to the ML coil cover. It's much more sturdy.I have used it now for a while and have no complaints at all. 

Hey thanks guys. So far I have reinforced the original with some Duct Tape inside and Liquid Nails around the outer edges and overlapped underneath like in the video. If that does not provide enough durability I will give the Nugget Finder a go.

Liquid Nails is not as tough as it sounds and wore off basically within a few hours. Ordering the Nugget Finder from Rob Allison tonight. Duck tape on the inner corners protected the coil and managed to pick up 55 grams. Heck of a trip

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Well, if you are a real scraper there isn't much that will hold up.  I began using one of the spray on coatings on my 2300 to protect the coil and the knuckle.  You just have to remember to put some on before each trip.

If you picked up 55 grams of gold that is a heck of a trip and giving a gram or two back for a better coil cover should be worth it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ryan, If you get some plastic tubing, I think it is about 3/8 “in diameter  in old language I think, then cut of enough to go right around the coil. Then carefully lay it flat and mark the inside curve in the centre and cut along that line for the hole length. If you then open it up and fit it around the rim of the coil and cut it so the two ends just meet. Use a small hole punch to put two holes in each end and use  couple of small plastic ties to pull the two ends together. I have never had to replace a coil cover, usually the area of the cover which becomes worn and damaged is the edge. This treatment prevents this damage.    Regards John

• Like 3

The black abs plastic ones are definitely worth it. It will also help to add more rigidity to the coil so you wont develop false signaling from flex and end up with a noisy bump sensitive  coil.

• Like 2