On The Hunt

Lunk

1 hour ago, Lunk said:

A small, undiscovered patch of nuggets I stumbled upon in the Nevada desert last spring:

872B76AB-08D9-498E-AF54-50C94CBACBD3.thumb.jpeg.8d0a630167b5609a4da6a0bbe41dc346.jpeg

Hmmm I dunno, looks more like you stumbled upon a healthy cult of nuggets involved in some sort of exotic ritual involving a Merc dime???

Daniel

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great hunt and nice looking dime.

Loved the photos of the area and especially the way you showed off the dime on your last photo.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

I hope that you know I was kidding about not mentioning the gold nuggets, as someday I hope to be as good as some of the people on here.

• Like 2

VL, once you get out in the goldfields and start swinging your grandfather's Nox, I'm sure he'll guide you to your share of gold, and you’ll become an old pro in no time.

And it is a nice looking dime.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lunk, wonderful write up.

Congrats on the Nevada patch last spring. That photo of your Mercury dime surrounded by beautiful gold nuggets is worthy of framing.

The 19-inch coil is a beast, but you swing it like a precision instrument with remarkable results. Those tiny nuggets are fabulous finds with the “Big Rig”.

I just got home from a day detecting north of Tom Wells. No nuggets today. New areas next week. There is a patch out there somewhere waiting for me.

keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Yes the big 19" coil does find small nuggets as your finds are proof.  

Glad you made it down there and hopefully you'll save a few for when I come down.

Yes the nuggets from this last Spring sure look good, great pic of them.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1