2020 Ain't So Bad After All - Well At Least For Today

Way to go! Been looking for those in my parts where I found quite a few other coins in the same time range.

Curious did it ring in close to a beavertail?

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Hugh on the gold coin! That's a day you won't forget. It was great seeing you at DIV.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Well done on the goldie, when I find something good I always think I should leave just in case I lose it 🙂 When I stay and keep detecting I keep checking to see it's still in my pocket thinking I'll lose it, I did lose almost 9 grams of gold nuggets once, fortunately we went back in the dark with a torch and found my gold bottle.

Ha ha.  I hear you.  First thing I did once I was able to stand was to get it back to the truck for safe keeping then I resumed swinging without fear.  Those $1 gold coins are tiny.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, abenson said:

Congratulations Hugh on the gold coin! That's a day you won't forget. It was great seeing you at DIV.

Andy - I really enjoyed talking shop with you at DIV and came away with some really good tips and tricks.  Hope to get the Tarsacci out for some more field tests.  Was in a groove with the Deus today.  When you are swinging with confidence in your detector and your abilities,  it almost seems like the ground is transparent.  Swinging Tarsacci made me feel like I was swinging in a fog.  Need to force myself to put more hours into it.  I think the site I was at would be well suited for Tarsacci and am sure I would have hit just about every target I found with Deus, but Deus had the "x" factor today.

• Like 2

Fantastic hunting on your part! Beautiful collection of items to add to your finds.

Just one question for you , does the coin stink like the one I found?

Great hunt and best wishes on your next outing!

• Thanks 1

I can't resist.

You 'chased' one down.  Way to Gold.

Now you are really a Goldman.

Mitchel

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I can't resist.

You 'chased' one down.  Way to Gold.

Now you are really a Goldman.

Mitchel

Yep.  I finally lived up to my moniker, Mitchel.  Though I have snagged beach gold, I had been chasing this one down for some time.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By kac
      Took my Gold Racer out for just over an hour to an area I had picked up the barber earlier this year. There is a lot of brush and the GR solid coil works well for poking around. Along the shore of the lake I noticed a stretch of bog iron, the lake bottom is usually a light gray. Ran my coil over the area and hit some coin sized objects but numbers bit low which I expect and just under the bog iron was these coins, 1883 IH, trashed IH and an 1873 seated dime. The pond is pretty hard pack gravel so old stuff isn't that deep. Oddly that stupid sinker was about 6" down in the rocks below and tough to dig out and find.
      Will hit this side of the lake in the spring when it thaws.

• By Wendell Clark
      I have been trying to locate a school house site in a small farming settlement that was abandoned by the late 1920's. The settlement had a few houses scattered about, a rail stop/ post office and a 1 room rural school house. Everything was razed years ago. Yesterday I located a privy hole that was cased with an iron pipe so I figured that must be the area. Meager finds that are par for the course here where I live with the exception of the Chinese coin. It is the first I have found, so I was pretty happy with that. 

• By kac
      Was waiting for a buddy to show up so I hit a small area across from where I parked. Usual tons of trash being so close to the road and first real hit I had I pulled the poor beat up Merc Dime 193?. Not a bad way to start the year off, hope it wasn't the hightlight hahah.
      Happy new year!

• By Cowkiller
      Week after doing so research with historical maps and pictures of old buckeye az buildings I had 3 sites to check. One was an old house from the 30's now it's an empty field, one a 1890's school house also an empty lot, and the last was an old house from the 40's that burned down in the 90's and is still there. 
      My finds included a 1958 franklin half, 3 wheat pennies, and a 1940s boy scout handkerchief clip. Oh and 2 really old marbles. 

• By Cowkiller
      Got out today for a few hours at an old homestead in downtown buckeye arizona. In the past I have found a silver dime, old pesos, some old buttons and lots of wheat. Well today was the best day yet. As soon as I got it off the truck I got a 29, 30 on the nox 800. I expected trash or a clad but I got a good, old surprise. A 1894 barber half! It's in poor condition and isn't worth much but it's my best silver find yet. 

• By strick
      Some finds from several hunts...starting to get out a little more now that the ground has softened up some.. mostly using the Nox but the CTX produced the quarter yesterday...for some reason I usually do well on Christmas Eve so I make it a tradition to hunt in the morning....wishing all my treasure hunting breathen a very happy holidays
      strick