2020 Ain't So Bad After All - Well At Least For Today

Way to go! Been looking for those in my parts where I found quite a few other coins in the same time range.

Curious did it ring in close to a beavertail?

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Hugh on the gold coin! That's a day you won't forget. It was great seeing you at DIV.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Well done on the goldie, when I find something good I always think I should leave just in case I lose it 🙂 When I stay and keep detecting I keep checking to see it's still in my pocket thinking I'll lose it, I did lose almost 9 grams of gold nuggets once, fortunately we went back in the dark with a torch and found my gold bottle.

Ha ha.  I hear you.  First thing I did once I was able to stand was to get it back to the truck for safe keeping then I resumed swinging without fear.  Those $1 gold coins are tiny.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, abenson said:

Congratulations Hugh on the gold coin! That's a day you won't forget. It was great seeing you at DIV.

Andy - I really enjoyed talking shop with you at DIV and came away with some really good tips and tricks.  Hope to get the Tarsacci out for some more field tests.  Was in a groove with the Deus today.  When you are swinging with confidence in your detector and your abilities,  it almost seems like the ground is transparent.  Swinging Tarsacci made me feel like I was swinging in a fog.  Need to force myself to put more hours into it.  I think the site I was at would be well suited for Tarsacci and am sure I would have hit just about every target I found with Deus, but Deus had the "x" factor today.

• Like 2

Fantastic hunting on your part! Beautiful collection of items to add to your finds.

Just one question for you , does the coin stink like the one I found?

Great hunt and best wishes on your next outing!

• Thanks 1

I can't resist.

You 'chased' one down.  Way to Gold.

Now you are really a Goldman.

Mitchel

• Haha 3