Some 1st Texas Eurotek Pro Gold And Omega 8500 Silver

Mike,

Congrats on the jewelry finds, and just being able to get out hunting.  Curious which coils you prefer on the Euro-Tek Pro and Omega 8500, at least for the sites you were hunting?  I hope you'll have some opportunities an cooperating weather to get out again soon.

Monte

Hi Monte,

We have been having beautiful days here lately in NM.  Just Work and the COVID keeping me indoors.   

I mostly use the concentric (4", 8" and 11" Triangulated) with the 8500 and the 11" Bi-axial and a little 5x10 DD coil on the EuroTek Pro.   I just like the concentric better on the 8500 and I like the DD coil better on the ET Pro.  

But all that said,  I've got my 8500 configured for large men's gold rings now and will run that configuration with a 10x14" DD coil for ground coverage in some parts and sports fields I've identified as likely to give up some large gold.  May alternate between the 10x14 DD and the 11" Triangulated coil, depending on the dirt.  Just need a green light to go.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hillis said:

I mostly use the concentric (4", 8" and 11" Triangulated) with the 8500....

Nice finds, Mike.  You made the most of your limited time.

What is a triangulated coil?  Is it the stock (concentric) coil on the Fisher F44?  (I didn't know that worked on the Tek 8500 -- I assume it was released for the F44 and then people tried it on the Greek Series and it worked well.)

Hi GB.,,,yeah...its the stock coil from the F44.   It runs good on the 8500 in the right dirt.   I occasionally run it on my F75 too when I don't need modulated audio.   

HH
Mike

• Like 2