I know it still comes down to getting the old pan out but I was wondering if any of you ever used the above Trommel?

I know it’s been around a long time and I’ve seen videos but I want to hear from someone not selling.

I was thinking maybe of running the material out of my drywasher.

Any and all opinions appreciated.

Chuck 

I found they have another model called the American Buffalo that’s bigger than the Mountain Goal. The shocker price it’s over 27 hundred dollars.

The more I look the more costly it gets.

I’ve been told it’s only money!

Chuck 

i had a camel we tried using it for dredge clean ups about one half of the gold went out the back this was about 15 years ago they might of change things but i got rid of mine now i use a gold cube which i am very happy with i do clean ups coming out of our trommel that we run 40 yards an hour 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this  Chuck from Butte, MT? If so, I can give you a phone number of one of the Libby club guys. One or two of the guys in the club makes trommels out of 20 gallon barrels and utilizes a regular Keene sluice. Much better than the Camel mountain trommels. Probably far less expensive too. - Reese

If Ridge Runner is who I think he is, then a pan is going to be way too slow and if he is the Chuck I know, he has a lot of material to reprocess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GoldSeeker5000

I’m sorry to say I’m not the guy you know but I wish I was! I’ve made a Trommel are two before in the past for myself.

I guess I was wanting more of a tinker toy to cut down on panning time . I just don’t think it is a easy way of getting gold out of black sand unless I go buy it.haha

I thank all for your reply and I keep one ear open always for any other ideas someone has out there.

Have a great Thanksgiving and above all be safe!

Chuck 

• Like 1

A gold screw, desert fox or even a rain gutter with ribbed matting and or corduroy would work quite well. If you make a 4-5 inch wide by 4ft long sluice, attach or weld a sloping water defuser at the head of the sluice with a threaded pipe on the outside wall of the defuser to accept a hose, then this will work very well. It makes cleanup of concentrates fast and easy. Adjust the steepness of the sluice for best gold recovery. I made one like this and it worked very well.

• Like 1

GoldSeeker5000

I thank you for all the suggestions but everything you said I’ve been there done that. I just don’t think 🤔 it’s too many things I haven’t made are tried over the years. I must be about half tinker toy person because I’m always tinkering making something.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Robilard
      Looking to add a high banker to my arsenal of prospecting gear. It will dump into a settling pool or be recirculated in large tubs. (Can't release the water back into the river, here in Ca)
      Any recommendations on brands or models would be appreciated. I like to get input from available resources before I cut the check. Advice and input much appreciated.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Click on the button below and discover the features and innovation!
      XP Metal Detectors are launching a brand-new range of Gold Prospecting products.Take your Gold hunting to another level with our new range of XP Pans / Classifiers / Batea / Accessories. The XP Gold prospecting kit will be the perfect addition to your XP ORX high frequency metal detector – The ORX has proven to be one of the most efficient Gold detectors available on today’s market, offering performance and value for money. The XP Gold Pans, Classifiers, Batea and accessories offer the same outstanding quality found in all XP products. To get the BEST results you need to use the BEST kit !
      XP Metal Detectors have worked alongside some of the industries most respected gold prospecting professionals, they have helped design and develop our Gold Panning kits, to ensure you have the very best equipment in your hands.
      Includes the first 21st century batea!

• By Steve Herschbach
      From https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/gold-prospecting/
      THE GOLD SLUICE VS1: DYNAMIC SELF-CLEANING VORTEXES!

40 vortexes work together to capture gold via an innovative dynamic process that avoids aggregate saturation.
      Large Riffles
      Top zone designed for initial gold grain capture
      Allows a quick visual check of the potential of your gold field. Flow Control System & Collaborating Vortex
      3 vertical blades coupled with lateral constrictions
      Stabilise and accelerate water flow, improving dynamic vortex performances.

Ultra Light: 560 g. only Compact design: Molded with precision in France No mats, no screws : Saves time and efficiency in the field XP BACKPACK 280 hook Blue color : optimal contrast with the gold color
      Take your gold hunting to the next level!
    • By Ridge Runner
      The new XP Gold Sluice.
       Chuck 

• By Swegin
      This may be the wrong form but here goes.  I know Bill stopped making these but does anyone know where I could get the hand crank handle assembly?

• By Highlandhowler
      Hi forum, hopefully yaal are keeping safe.Im looking for the following mat.Its been discontinued but im gonna try anyways.I need 2 pieces and hopefully some great gold prospector out there can help me out.
      Mat dimensions are 
      8" wide
      20,5" long

Im looking for exactly this mat and not the blue 10" version,we dont want to cut it down.

Can anyone help
      Many thanks
      Highlandhowler