Camel Mountain Goat Trommel

I know it still comes down to getting the old pan out but I was wondering if any of you ever used the above Trommel?

I know it’s been around a long time and I’ve seen videos but I want to hear from someone not selling.

I was thinking maybe of running the material out of my drywasher.

Any and all opinions appreciated.

Chuck 

I found they have another model called the American Buffalo that’s bigger than the Mountain Goal. The shocker price it’s over 27 hundred dollars.

The more I look the more costly it gets.

I’ve been told it’s only money!

Chuck 

i had a camel we tried using it for dredge clean ups about one half of the gold went out the back this was about 15 years ago they might of change things but i got rid of mine now i use a gold cube which i am very happy with i do clean ups coming out of our trommel that we run 40 yards an hour 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking about getting the gold cube but just wondering if the goat was worth bringing home.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Is this  Chuck from Butte, MT? If so, I can give you a phone number of one of the Libby club guys. One or two of the guys in the club makes trommels out of 20 gallon barrels and utilizes a regular Keene sluice. Much better than the Camel mountain trommels. Probably far less expensive too. - Reese

If Ridge Runner is who I think he is, then a pan is going to be way too slow and if he is the Chuck I know, he has a lot of material to reprocess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GoldSeeker5000

I’m sorry to say I’m not the guy you know but I wish I was! I’ve made a Trommel are two before in the past for myself.

I guess I was wanting more of a tinker toy to cut down on panning time . I just don’t think it is a easy way of getting gold out of black sand unless I go buy it.haha

I thank all for your reply and I keep one ear open always for any other ideas someone has out there.

Have a great Thanksgiving and above all be safe!

Chuck 

• Like 1

A gold screw, desert fox or even a rain gutter with ribbed matting and or corduroy would work quite well. If you make a 4-5 inch wide by 4ft long sluice, attach or weld a sloping water defuser at the head of the sluice with a threaded pipe on the outside wall of the defuser to accept a hose, then this will work very well. It makes cleanup of concentrates fast and easy. Adjust the steepness of the sluice for best gold recovery. I made one like this and it worked very well.

• Like 1

GoldSeeker5000

I thank you for all the suggestions but everything you said I’ve been there done that. I just don’t think 🤔 it’s too many things I haven’t made are tried over the years. I must be about half tinker toy person because I’m always tinkering making something.

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1