Camel Mountain Goat Trommel

Lol, Ridge Runner, yah that is part for the course. We gold prospectors are all tinkerer's and inventor's by default. We all are always looking for a more efficient way to get to the gold or extract the gold from the gravels & Clay's.

I am probably missing something; but a trommel is a production device, not a devise for clean up. Trommels allow you to shovel directly into the trommel and the oversize comes out the exit and creates a tailing pile out pf the over size rocks, while the undersize is diverted through screen or smaller holes into a sluice to be further concentrated. After the sluice you still have to use some sort of clean up device like a pan, blue bowl, gold screw, etc.

Then it is always wise to use a metal detector on the over size tailing pile in case a nugget larger than the small holes in the trommel gets kicked out with the over size.

Jim_Alaska

Yes like you said a Trommel is a production device but I just wanted a tinker toy to play with. Now at the same time I don’t want my gold that I worked hard getting going out the rear of some tinker toy.

I’ve had a gold wheel in the past . I’m again thinking about getting another but I don’t rush into anything.

Whatever I get I’ve got some Nome gold to check it with. That beach material is finer than fine there.

Chuck 

• Like 1