Want To See Something Wierd?

klunker

Probably just bits of your excavator bucket. Does it happen to be made of gold? That would probably explain why there are so many in such a small area. I’d invest in a steel bucket, much more durable. Although it could be exhilarating to continue using the golden bucket that I think you’re using, since it creates the illusion of finding nugs no matter where you dig! Just a thought...

Daniel

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If it`s a CAT it excretes gold as waste, bloody elementary geologic........

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to Want To See Something Wierd?

The responses remind me of the party/parlor game called 'dictionary' (or 'fictionary').  Someone puts forth an esoteric word and all contestants write down a definition and turn them in.  The person who chose the word reads the correct meaning and all the made up definitions (in random order) and each contestant must then vote on which definition s/he thinks is the true one.

Klunker, this is what you get for kidding around so much on this site.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Makes me think of slickensides. Were they found in a shear zone?

Don't really hear about nuggets being deformed by shearing but I suppose it's remotely possible to occur in tectonically active areas while they were still in situ ore. Or glacial movement making slickenline type structure on nuggets?

They could have been deposited and cast against sheared quartz in a reactivated fault and taken that shape too maybe? 

No idea, just far out guesses. Can't see the nuggets very well. Assuming this isn't a joke anyways.

• Like 2

I was there when he found a couple of those, the pointy end was pointed to where the next one was found. Unfortunately when he dug the last one, he dislodged it from the original location and the  direction it was pointed. I don't think he will be able to find another one! 

Norm

• Like 7