Want To See Something Wierd?

klunker

I'm going with a Jurassic shark with gold teeth!👍👍

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I'm going with a Jurassic shark with gold teeth!

Actually it looks more like a grill for a T-Rex, they were always losing them when the asteroid hit that killed them off.

Reminds me of something I was shown, a picture, and told about from another prospector in Australia in an area we were looking around in.  He'd found a nugget that was shaped very much like a chisel, showed me that picture he had of it back at camp, and explained that the slates in the area we were in would capture the gold and due to heating/cooling the rock would expand and contract shaping the gold.  He had a term for it but I cant recall what it was.  I suspect something similar with your find.  Neat stuff 🙂

• Like 6

I want to thank all you ladies and gentlemen and the rest of you for your replies. I am not any wiser but I am quite entertained. But what he heck, you know me, I'll take good entertainment over wisdom any day.

Photo credits go to Sourdough Scott.

Those nuggets are quite unusual, I would love to have one for my collection. Klunker needs some photography lessons!

Norm