Minelab Equinox 600 Metal Detector

Annie

10 hours ago, joseph bielawski said:

I own a 600. It came with standard wire headphones. I want to update to wireless. The standard headphones fall apart(cup where wire extrudes from plastic holder). In a strong onshore wind or sea conditions, it lets in a lot of background noise. Can you suggest what headphones(wireless) can I investigate? I hear there is more to this than I expected, as I read a few stories here. All those alpha/number settings don't help me as I am a NEWBIE to detecting. Yeah, I should have gotten the 800, but no one was around to answer questions. '

'Nuff of my railing/raiting.

ANY help as to what one to get(and why) will surly help. 

I use the Quest headphones.  So far they have have been great.

https://www.questmetaldetectors.com/product-page/aptx-low-latency-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-for-minelab-equinox

I can verify these headphones work with the Equinox. They are high quality aptx. They work well and have better sound compared to the wireless headphones that come with the Equinox 800.

https://www.mypaww.com/products/paww-wavesound-2-1?variant=14356841300010

In my opinion the 600 & 800 are virtually the same.
The 600 just has a few less tweaks, no single frequency 20hz & 40hz and no gold mode ( Gold Prospecting). 
But Multi-Frequency for both machines are exactly the same, and 99.9% of the time that's is what you will be running anyways.

The Equinox 600 is a great 1st detector and will perform just as well as the 800 in similar conditions.
Later if he wants those finer adjustments and decides to upgrade to an 800, the 600 will make a great backup detector.

• Like 1

The headphones that come with the 600 are cheap throwaways. You will likely want to upgrade to something better.

The Trond V4.2 Bluetooth phones work great both wired and wireless. I've had mine for two years. They were about $70 on Amazon. Half the price of the Minelab phones and equal in quality if not better. I find mine to be more comfortable to wear.

I also have the Trond V5.0 transmitter which allows me use these headphones with all my other detectors and make them wireless as well.