Minelab Equinox 800 Drowned On The Beach ... Questions

4 minutes ago, 67GTA said:

CD is supposed to be a coil error. Stupid question, but have you checked the cable connections? 

In the water the detector was crazy, then it showed Cd on the screen and later it did not turn on, so it begins to drown little by little ... until its screen shows water

Sorry to hear of your problem, I had the same code "CD" after using in the water but did not show sign of ingress.

Minelab told me to use another coil to test, I did not have a extra coil at the time so they asked me to send coil and control Pod

in for service. I shipped both, they replied my Pod was bad and sent me a replacement and my coil back.

My CD error code actually disappeared after I did a restart. But then came back with another code and locked up.

More than likely your Pod will need to be replaced.

Good luck and keep us posted. I do not submerge mine anymore. This is the 2nd one I had to send back don't plan on 3rd.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:18 PM, South Padre Treasure said:

Sorry to hear of your problem, I had the same code "CD" after using in the water but did not show sign of ingress.

Minelab told me to use another coil to test, I did not have a extra coil at the time so they asked me to send coil and control Pod

in for service. I shipped both, they replied my Pod was bad and sent me a replacement and my coil back.

My CD error code actually disappeared after I did a restart. But then came back with another code and locked up.

More than likely your Pod will need to be replaced.

Good luck and keep us posted. I do not submerge mine anymore. This is the 2nd one I had to send back don't plan on 3rd.

Yes, thank you very much, the pda has already been replaced .. now it goes better without problems

• Like 2

Always wonder why they don't encapsualte the boards on water detectors in general, not just ML.