What Gold Detector Are You Most Thankful For? Me, The Mightly...

5 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

For me, it's the Fisher Gold Bug-2 as it was the 1st gold detector we (detector & I) became 1.  It was the machine that kept gold coming in and eventually lead me to the Pulse Induction powers/depths beyond.  It's not my favorite to swing today (not even top 3), but I have to give credit when due and the GB-2 is the gold detector I am most thankful for.

Ditto for me, Gerry!

• Like 4

For me, it used to be the X-terra 705. That detector continually impresses me. And at times it has frustrated me. But now it is the Gpx5000.It offers me so many settings and ways to mix and match how I want to set it up to hunt a particular area that it easily wins. My Gpx4000 was quiet but never quite like the Gpx5000. A detector that continually amazes me is a detector that I seek to unlock all it's capabilities.  For me the 5000 paired with the Evo coils, covers  most all of me needs. Versatility is what I need in Montana. The 5000 provides it.

• Like 3

For me it was the ML 4500 had the most success over the years, but still have great memories of the ML3000, ML2100 and the ML GT16000 also great machines in their day, compared to the gold machines memories between/after (Z).

Re Coin detectors have had a number of ML units but like OneGuy like the Tesoro Golden Sabre. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jim McCulloch said:

Dayton NV began my own Magnificent Quest. 

I also started a magnificent quest for a different kind of gold in Dayton NV at age 18...... namely the Kit Kat ranch, Starlight & Moonlight Ranch....lol😇

• Haha 4

GB2.
Reasons: My 1st nugget, most nuggets, analog tuning, few false signals and light weight. Still a viable afternoon machine on shallow ground when I am tired from swinging my GPZ and great for searching under bushes. 

• Like 4

I and my wife started out with White's Goldmaster II and we've had every version ending with the GMT. For the area we hunt for gold specimens these detectors have worked really well. Unfortunately a PI detector will not detect some of the gold specimens.

Here are the gold specimens we found first year detecting with the Goldmaster II:

A39a.thumb.JPG.76f18e7527046cb61381b38cf4c14ddf.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ok Gerry, I'll bite :)

Found gold with all my detectors over the years (starting in the late 80's with the ML GT 16000) with one exception:

The Garrett Infinium. Couldn't find its own backside using both hands, I walked over a heap of good gold with it (as I later discovered using detectors more suitable for Australian conditions) The detectors that have found me the most ozs so far would have to be the SD 2200 and the QED, with the 5000 not far behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1