What Gold Detector Are You Most Thankful For? Me, The Mightly...

Since I am still fairly new to the game as compared to you dinosaurs it would be the sdc 2300 due to it's ease of use and it's the first machine I found raw gold with...and BTW Gerry when will the rechargeable battery pack become available ? I need one.

strick

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, strick said:

and BTW Gerry when will the rechargeable battery pack become available ? I need one.

strick

Heck Strick,  Your unit is probably out of warranty and about ready to be traded in for a new one with all the upgrades...and I know a dealer who can help.  As for your older style battery system and getting the new Drop In.  I have been told all batteries are going into the new detectors right now and now to expect any extras to be sold as Accessories for a couple to few more months.

Thanks for allowing my staff/I to train you and Lisa as you both seemed to enjoy it and I know both found gold as well.  Here is one of her smaller ones that Chris Ralph missed while Steve H was chatting with us.  Good times.

20150425_160950.jpg

• Like 4

Minelab XT 17000 for me, it was the machine that made detecting for a living possible. I clicked on this detector which then set me up for the SD2000 in 1996. Coming a close second was the Whites Goldmaster2, this machine taught me about manual ground balance and how important it was to maintain it, that information then helped me understand the limitations of auto GB and how to keep things in check.

I missed out on the GB2 because it was released in 1995 and of course the SD2000 was kind of dominating all my attention by then. I didn’t actually get my hands on a GB2 until many years later when Steve very generously gave me one when he came out for a visit, I’ll never part with it.

JP

• Like 4

GM 1000: For the teaching me how to listen for nuggets of decreasing size all the way down to under 0.1 grain in variable, mineralized soils. The ability to quickly flip into and out of auto sensitivity was a super helpful learning tool. 

• Like 1

Garrett Deepseeker ADS It gave me my best day, detecting gold 19oz in the morning and 7.5oz after lunch when I took my Wife out to the spot. The largest nugget was 7.5 oz found first in the morning. On the jewellery and coins side learnt how to discriminate and found 100+ gold rings during its life time. It was very hard for most people to get the hang of it back in those days but I had to, just to keep up with the wife tally.

The runner up detector was the 2 Minelab GP 3000 that I bought when I retired back in 2003. It found heaps more gold than the Garrets as I was able to spend more time detecting and was able to live for 4 or 5 months a year in West Australia gold fields. 

• Like 3