Ad Of Detectors’s Past

Alexander Enterprise was the guy I got my White’s 66 TR before I came a dealer myself. Has name was Jim Alexander . Later Jim moved out to Az. having something to do with mining and that’s the last I know.

This all took place around 72 and it’s been a lot of water has run under the bridge.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Alexander Enterprise was the guy I got my White’s 66 TR before I came a dealer myself. Has name was Jim Alexander . Later Jim moved out to Az. having something to do with mining and that’s the last I know.

This all took place around 72 and it’s been a lot of water has run under the bridge.

Chuck 

I think you may have sent me a few of those older magazines at one time Chuck.  Just think how many boxes of magazines you have stashed away, as I seen your name on the shipping label going all the way back to 1971/2, so I suspect you have 40+ yrs, maybe 45 of being a dedicated TH'er and magazine reader.  Heck, I imagine these are more rare than the Playboy of the time.  Great post and pics.

• Like 3

A 1985 Gem and Treasure Hunter (later Gold Gem and Treasure) from Australia. 

2135782692_IMG_20201128_1541342.thumb.jpg.f91a14c676db9719c665d1caae8d2c5e.jpg

The magazine had just been purchased by a new Australian detector company called Minelab Electronic industries.

IMG_20201128_154114.thumb.jpg.f0c0cdfa2d01292a92a2516c115f592c.jpg

The Goldseeker 15000 was being tested at the time by a young bearded bloke called Reg Wilson, yet not a single Minelab product appears anywhere. There is an advertorial for the new Whites GM6100D and others for Bounty Hunter, Tesoro and the Garrett A2B Groundhog.

IMG_20201128_154312.thumb.jpg.57ee7a4b145a4e484436ae5a2e90fc26.jpg

These were also the days when your first colour could well be too heavy to comfortably carry around 🙂IMG_20201128_154404.thumb.jpg.9f9f9b25f3974fc71fafd385140818a7.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wish I was around for all this stuff, I missed out on the glory days.

Then you would not left any gold for me.   JR the Whites 6100 GoldMaster was great to see again that was the first Detector I bought for me. The Garrett ADS was my hand me down from the wife that I got for her new. She hated it and I had to get her a Whites 6000 but it got me away from dredging into detecting . Gerry those early top line detector cost less than a good coil these day.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I wish I was around for all this stuff, I missed out on the glory days.

Simon: the glory days are only ever as far away as the next patch of new ground. You make your own glory days.

The important thing is to keep looking for new ground. The safe old familiar flogged areas are, sadly, never going to be the stuff that dreams are made of.  😞

• Like 3

Gerry

When I bought my first White’s I seen the ad in a Treasure Magazine and had a local dealer.

I’ve given away so many and a guy at church unloaded Lots on me . I did have some I think went back to 66 and one of the last is 68.

You the nugget hunter and I was always the coin hunter for years.

Chuck 

• Like 3