Minelab MF5 Introduction

Interesting. I wonder how long it will take to come out with a gold detector version. I suppose the 2300 will then be discontinued. 

Pretty good info thanks Steve, looks like a lot coming out for minelab, now I would love to incorporate the MDS-10 PI with GPR to see the contours of bedrock, look for those low spots where gold accumulates. There is a lot of new detectors coming out. Here is the link just for the countermine detectors. https://www.minelab.com/usa/countermine/detectors

Also check out the F3 UXO - Multi Period Sensing technology into Minelab’s new BiPOLAR technology. 😳

mds10-1.jpg

mds10-2.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Interesting. I wonder how long it will take to come out with a gold detector version. I suppose the 2300 will then be discontinued. 

This is my comment/question, exactly. I’ve liked my short time with the SDC, but am sure hopeful for some improvement. The ever warbling threshold masks some of the tiniest targets for me. Anyone with past experience have a guess on how long Minelab spends repurposing the military model into a consumer version?

I hope its extremely good at de-mining the current crop of land mines.

HH

Mike

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I believe I've answered my own question above.  The SDC 2300 precursor, the F3 Compact, was released in 2011.  The SDC 2300 was released in 2014. 

I've been thinking about the tech listed in these specifications.  The marketing says the MF5 combines the advantages of both PI and CW.  However, with 4 frequencies between 5kHz and 75kHz, doesn't that just sound like continuous wave multifrequency scanning after the manner of the Equinox?  The SDC 2300 was 3kHz PI MPF.