Minelab GPX 6000 With Geo Sense Pulse Induction

The question is, if you already have a GPZ, would this new GB method be a convincing argument alone to buy the 6000 as well? Assuming coil options would be comparable for both machines. 

47 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Minelab is gonna record all your gold locations then sell that info to.....🤣

I think this is the real reason why JP doesn't use his GPS on his 7000!  He says it is a resource hog.

Have we come far enough with the technology and power savings that we can put that much power of a detector into Geo Sense?  I guess so.

I personally like the GPS on my 7000 mostly for giving me a track of where I came from now.  I do like that I can mark targets and waypoints but MineLab lost lots of us when their download software broke.  I stopped using that feature and don't know what works now with the 3030 or the 7000.  It is one of Minelab's greatest screw ups.  That feature doesn't seem to be 'advertised' much any more.

Everyone said they can't track you as you are only receiving the GPS but there are transmitters on the detectors also.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Potential issues being when you detect a surface and then doze it, exposing different mineralization. Or when you detect a wash which floods seasonally and alters the areas of mineralization. If it deals with salt better, salt pockets can move around seasonally too as ground and surface water re concentrates it. 

Seems to me they would have to have some kind of manual override, or something like a "relearn area" button, if this is what Geosense is.

Either way, it's something new in the sense we don't see it on any other detectors, so I'm excited to see Minelab innovating and to see how Geosense, whatever it is, works. Early posts on the forum saw a lot of people content with nothing more than a lighter weight or better ergonomics, and that had me scared ML (and customers) be lulled into complacency.

• Like 1

just thinking if ML somehow being able to know where you are detecting from your gps usage - they'd have to open a new division of the company just to store, coordinate and figure out what to do with the mountains of data that would come in…crazy town stuff.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:54 AM, mn90403 said:

The 'Holy Grail' so to speak of metal detectors would be one that 'automatically' ignores the ground and everything 'bad' in it and would only react to 'valuable' targets.

The problem of engineers, metal detecting companies and users of detectors is defining 'bad' and 'valuable!'  The GM for instance tries to make it easy by saying gold or not gold.  What if you want to find relics rather than gold.  That then becomes your object of value.  The same could be said of meteorites.  They have value.

Minelab is not replacing the 7000 so this 6000 with Geo Sense will not exceed the power and capabilities of a 7000.  If it did then no one would buy a 7000.  Minelab is in a delicate dance here.

My friend, I’m not here to against to anybody, I just wrote my opinion that based on my knowledge that I named it “Modest”

Cheapest VLF would probably serve as well or better than Minelab?

Phrunt - you are spot with regards to sweep speed - if the detector can adjust automatically to how fast or slow you are swinging / moving the detector then you will always be in the correct mode. Think of the automatic car transmissions of the 60's - at best they were 3 speeds (in Aust) and they were awful, unresponsive cars because of this which is why manuals(stick shifts) were favored by the performance crowd - now with 6 - 8 speed automatic transmissions the car can do a better job than you of being in the right gear at the right time.

So will Minelabs auto ground balance be a 3 speed laggard  or 8 speed gem? Are they going to tinker with this concept or take us to another level? I think Minelab have shown with the Equinox they are not afraid to present to the market revolutionary changes rather than evolutionary changes (like they have in the past) so i am going for the great leap forward for the GPX6000. We live in interesting times.

• Like 1

It would likely not be possible to use GPS to measure sweep speed. That could be done with an accelerometer. It would be more likely, and consistent with the picture, to use GPS to measure walking speed. 

• Like 1