Minelab GPX 6000 With Geo Sense Pulse Induction

If you look at Fig 2 of the patent (see my earlier post) it does refer to some sort of memory function provided by GPS  when you come back to a spot that you have hunted previously. Well, anyhow, we all shall see. Don't we all love the rumor mill and mystery around ML, almost like what the presents will be for Christmas. ML always has surprised us with big technology leaps. That's why I think they just dominate the detector space with no real competitor. I guess I have to start scraping money together for the 6000 release...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hamid said:

My friend, I’m not here to against to anybody, I just wrote my opinion that based on my knowledge that I named it “Modest”

Cheapest VLF would probably serve as well or better than Minelab?

??

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The nice thing about belief is it is impervious to facts. No matter how many times it is explained that there is no transmitter sending magic signals to Minelab, people still think its true. Something that would be so easy to verify with a scope has somehow remained deeply hidden. Even the FCC testing missed it. But you know Minelab, they are so advanced they probably figured out a way to transmit a signal that lies completely outside the known electromagnetic spectrum. Probably something they stole from LRL.

The fun part is that if Minelab were this evil, then the system would be transmitting secrets even when you think you have deactivated it. That's even better. People think they are safe when they have turned the system off, but it stays on at all times. The coil can also read credit card chip info if you have any nearby, so they transmit that also.

There, some new conspiracy stuff to chew on! Be afraid, be very afraid!! :laugh: 

I don't for a minute think that Minelab tracks anyone in a gold field.  I was 'expressing' the tongue-n-cheek of others who have said this to me.

The question still remains tho ... will Minelab have location tracking and finds on this 6000?

My Google phone which I don't carry with me in the field does go with me on every trip and I can go back several years on a day by day basis and track where I've been.  This is also how you can find a lost 'device/phone' if you have to.

• Like 1

I would like to get the non compliant FCC GPZ 7000, or GPX 6000.... The engineering menu is great 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

no one seems to have a problem walking around with one of these tracking/logging/listening devices in their pockets.

I carry my phone with me always when I'm detecting - in the pocket furthest away from the coil - anyone who wants to go to the trouble of tracking my whereabouts is welcome to it because I can almost guarantee hardly anyone would want to spend the time and energy detecting the specks I have been going after :laugh:.

Seriously, well realistically anyway, I'm getting older and I usually detect alone in semi-remote places. If anything happened I'd want to dial for a cab.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

Seriously, well realistically anyway, I'm getting older and I usually detect alone in semi-remote places. If anything happened I'd want to dial for a cab.

There has been more than one prospector/hiker 'found' because they were carrying their cell phone/GPS with them and got lost or worse.

• Like 5

Codan (parent company of Minelab) share price has jumped a huge  10% today on the Australian stock market  based on the following announcement issued by the Australian stock exchange .

COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

CODAN LIMITED PROFIT GUIDANCE: RECORD FIRST HALF At the Annual General Meeting held in October 2020, we stated that the company had made an excellent start to the first four months of the year and we expected that last year’s record first-half result of $30 million would be exceeded in FY21.The demand for our metal detectors across both recreational and artisanal mining markets has been exceptional. During the first half, we continued to realise the benefits from an expanding geographic spread, increased distribution into mass market retail channels and an investment to increase manufacturing capacity. Despite our Tactical Communications business being significantly down on the record first half FY20, the Board expects the net profit after tax for the six months to 31 December 2020 to be in the order of $40million.Given the strength of our metal detector sales in the first half, it is too early to determine if our traditional second-half weighting of sales (where the second half is typically stronger than the first) will occur this year.However,there is strong market anticipation about the launch of our new feature packed detector in Q3 of FY21 and the Communications business will enter the second half with an order book in excess of $30million.Both will contribute to an expected strong full year result.We will continue to keep shareholders updated as the year progresses.

The "new feature packed" detector would be the GPX6000. Codan has confirmed my prediction that the new GPX will be launched 3rd Qtr FY21 which in Australia is 1st January to 31st March 2021. My guess is we will be hearing something official from Minelab in late January or February 2021 with regards to launch date and product availability.

Also record profits means that Codan will be able to continue investing in Minelab Metal detectors R&D.

• Like 5

IP Australia has updated Minelabs trademark application for GEO Sense -PI  on 17th December to "Application Accepted - Correspondence Sent".

1021008984_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.cf10cb679380505f140fee4dda36e08f.png

Any bets on price?

The GPX 5000 currently sells for US$3999 and since they are calling this the GPX 6000 the next number up might be $4999

Yet Minelab has a long history of pricing the GPX units to match the model number, and if that holds true then maybe $5999? The grudge match of 2021 might be the GPX 6000 at $4999 plus versus the Fisher Impulse Gold at I am guessing under $3000. I'd bet on the Minelab having the performance edge, but this is the first time Minelab might be facing serious competition on both price and performance.

On the other hand Minelab got super aggressive with Equinox pricing. If they are serious about wanting to continue the pain at the competition, they could introduce the GPX 6000 at $3999 and drop the GPX 5000 to $2999, in effect replacing the to be discontinued GPX 4500. That would be a one-two type knockout blow against anyone looking to compete against Minelab in this arena.

Pure speculation on my part. I have consistently underestimated what people will pay for the Minelab name. I never in a million years thought people would shell out over $10K when the GPZ first came out, but you had to wait in line to get one. Equinox was therefore a shocker when it came in at half what I thought it should sell for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Consumer grade GPS is only accurate to 9ft assuming no clouds or trees/obstructions. So there is either more to this Geosense, or its only intended for rough, general ground corrections if this all is what it really is. Many nugget bearing washes are only half that width, and a lot of patches have ground which change drastically over that length.

Price wise I still hope it's EQ style, but I doubt it will be. If it's $1500, I'll buy one just on general principal. $4000+ and it had better have something that gives me a good reason to think I can pay it off, or something with enough "wow" factor that I'll try it out with the intention to later resell it after having my fun.

• Like 1