Nasa Tom Is Looking For Input On The Future Minelab Flagship Detector

Redneck

http://dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/list.php?2   

#######                 Thread titled Minelab Equinox owners,  page 12.      #########

Tom Dankowski is looking for input , in performance and design on the next Minelab Flagship detector. 

Tom has input with Minelab.   

Pop on over to Toms forum and read the thread, and post your ideas.   

I started a post about 25 posts down on this thread, about new ideas for the new Equinox.

Not realizing they are looking for ideas. 

Reading the post by Tom about being able to add target density into ID is awesome. 

Who knows what else the engineers are working on. 

Check it out !

Steve , I'm not trying to steer folks away from your awesome forum.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Nasa Tom Is Looking For Input On The Future Minelab Flagship Detector.

• The title was changed to Nasa Tom Is Looking For Input On The Future Minelab Flagship Detector

As a user of Spectra Vision, V3, V3i,I know this idea in the next generation Equinox Multi-iQ ID / Etrac Ferrum-Conduct ID , I really appreciate it , because Multi-IQ at Equinox so far uses only a certain part of its capabilities -options that offer processing of data from multiple frequencies .

I also think that the color Display Spectra has not yet surpassed any detector.

So improved Object Identification is naturally found in the capabilities of this technology .

On the other hand, I know , that it will be a sufficiently challenging task , because the types of search are different  and such identification will be more difficult, especially in situations where we are looking for / density / small or fine objects, In different depths target IDs need to be significantly more developed than they are

on Equinox , where under ID 1-10  there is a wide range of various low-conducting targets .

If the Idea of Innovation is Multi-IQ Identification of Foil and Other Very Fine Alu Items .. then here's another question:

how it will work on very small objects from Au / Pt / Silver ?

Another question is how it will work on Pulltab objects.

Here I think it will be necessary to use at least one operating frequency below 3khz khz for multifrequency,or super short signal processing .

I use it on Equinox to control some suspicious signals like the User program -Beach 2 program, with high recovery and high setting  Iron bias- which can eminate another part of the iron ,, and also to recognize very fine targets -for this program reduced range .

Here we can ask the question . It will be a new Etrac with Multi IQ technology / similar to Equinox / ,or it will be a new class of Equinox technology combined with the good features of Etrac Fbs tech on high conductors.

In any case, we can welcome this direction in the development of Minelab detection technology.

Now I come back to what should be improved on Equinox , and what others have not mentioned :

....Improvement of ID accuracy in Allmetall : especially for weak signals., Or mineralization difficult terrain  All metall does not have ID quality as Discrimination ON at 0, +1 ID.

... User program button on the front panel.

...  and it's a coil 9".

I would rather see two models.

A heavier waterproof model and an ultralight, less expensive non-waterproof model.

Waterproof is nice to have but not at the expense of extra weight and higher cost.

Water resistant is all I need.

• Like 7

On 12/1/2020 at 7:40 AM, Redneck said:

Reading the post by Tom about being able to add target density into ID is awesome.

While that would be awesome, the only means of measuring in-place density electronically is through the use of nuclear densitometry. Unfortunately, this method employs a radioactive gamma source, which I'm pretty sure the NRC wouldn't allow into the public’s hands, for obvious health and safety as well as national security reasons. If a new and harmless method of measuring the density of buried objects were invented, it would have far reaching applications beyond just metal detecting, so lets hope the engineers can make it happen; otherwise, target density ID is just a pipe dream.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 3:55 PM, Badger-NH said:

A heavier waterproof model and an ultralight, less expensive non-waterproof model.

Waterproof is nice to have but not at the expense of extra weight and higher cost.

Couldn't agree more 👍

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, Badger-NH said:

Yep.  Just needs to be able to survive a decent rain shower and perhaps an accidental, momentary dunking in knee deep water.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 3:01 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Improvement of ID accuracy in Allmetall : especially for weak signals., Or mineralization difficult terrain  All metall does not have ID quality as Discrimination ON at 0, +1 ID.

Could you elaborate a little more on your statement?  Are you saying that the Equinox ID accuracy in all metal (nothing notched out) is inferior compared to if ID’s 0 and 1 were notched out?  I’ve never heard this Nox limitation/shortcoming from anyone before. 🤔

'They' know who Simon is!

• Haha 1