Do You Do Detector #2 On A Hunt Or Only Stick To #1

I always take two detectors, my 5000 and the Monster. At time I will even take the 705. Two pinpointers two or three scoops because I have a tendency to walk away from them when I finish filling in my holes. I also take all of my coils except for the 705. The 6" HF has stayed on now for a couple years now. I take two picks, two loupes, two pruners, several magnets. Two packs, depending on the hike and what I am taking with me. Just ask Oneguy, when I go detecting/camping, I am always well prepared and outfitted.

"If i had a cargo truck for every truckload of metal detectors i own, I'd be a very poor detectorist!"😂  Or a very wealthy like MineLab!!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I just read the whole thread.

Lots of interesting comments !

Some pretty funny and some practical...

BUT  

HotSauce said he went from grams to pounds !!! 

Oh Waiter !  I'll have the same dish as him !  

I'm a two of everything kinda guy myself...

Only have one scoop though,,,but I have a shovel in the back next to that scoop even if I'm not carrying a detector... 

I usually hunt with a backpack on so one detector in there  with the other extras and one hanging off my arm is pretty typical unless I'm gonna stay close to the vehicle.

I'm not too crazy about leaving the extra one in the car at those beach parking lots though ,  my Nox may not be a "big gun" ,,I just think of it as an Uzzi ,,,small and light and will still git 'er done.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

One more thought here.

If I go out to fix something with a wrench,,, should I take the one wrench I "think" I'll need or do I take  a few or maybe the whole set ????????????????

I guess that depends on how far away the tool box is! You could just throw the whole thing  in your backpack!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1