Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

https://www.finderskeepersgold.com/product/nuggetfinder-12-z-search-coil-new/?fbclid=IwAR1g1pJldbUZS9XUxeI4ytnu-zmSS7cirXI6y7NIODdllBMSvlzEHbUmEr0

Conveniently priced below the X Coils, but still very expensive, and too close to the standard coil size for my liking !

Big plus is no adaptor lead.

Unless X Coils become significantly cheaper, there will be no more market share for them, given the benefits that the NF coil will bring.

Rick

Screenshot_20200426-172855_Chrome.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More is oft times less, so what might work in one ground type will not necessarily work in another. To achieve a universal coil that is acceptable “everywhere” first the coil needs to meet a very high

Every year I find myself buzzing around trying to finish off the year on a high, to lift the gold tally as high as possible before it it gets counted off for the year. This year I came in really stron

Thought I’d go to some quiet ground and see for myself how sensitive this new NF Zsearch coil is, been meaning to do this for a while but prospecting keeps getting in the way and I’m not a good one fo

Posted Images

Now to see if it will work!  I’m sure I’ll run into someone out in the field for me to give it a couple minutes swinging it!  I’ll save a couple targets for someone out in Rye Patch!

Rick

• Like 6

Dec 18th - wasn't that the same date Minelab requested the GPX 6000 documents to be made public on the FCC website originally too and thus the presumed release date of that machine?

If not coincidence then it seems likely this coil was delay might have been related.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Go, go, go competition!

• Like 1

"The 12" Round will be the first available size in the Z-Search range." https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/z-search-coils

Be interesting to see what other sizes/shapes follow.

The 12" won't suit everyone, especially if their stock coil is still working well for them, but for those that need or feel a new coil may be needed (many now out of warranty) it will sell pretty well I reckon.

No adapter lead is a huge plus!

Different sizing options should still keep X Coils a market share if their prices come down? It's a pity they couldn't get the lead chip too for true competition.

• Like 2

The 12 inch ZSearch is definitely more sensitive over standard and has good depth that is on par or slightly better than GPZ14 on nuggets up to 8 grams or so (biggest I found at depth and compared during testing). It really shines in hot variable ground with a lot less saturation signal than the 14, which is impressive because you’d expect a smaller coil to saturate more readily. The Ferrite balance is very good. 

Nuggets a friend got off his old patches last week

07CD7731-D8E1-4F45-9390-4EAEBF351CF1.thumb.jpeg.5d0997af3c79ff14f44e6201eb0c82be.jpeg1716EF2F-6BE0-400E-A69A-49C0F17195E3.jpeg.181c328d44aedc34aba145e6ccea9f88.jpeg

• Like 5

OMG! $1300!  I think that I would rather use that money to take a trip to some awesome gold country and then TRY to find enough gold to pay for it 😂.  Looks like I will be at then end of the pack to get one.  I will wait, see what others think, watch some videos, etc...then if I like it, buy a used one for half price. 😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, $1300 (Au $ I suppose) is a steep price. I guess our Au friends will have plenty of time to test it in depth and post reviews before it even would become available here in the US. Then we shall see.

• Like 2