Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

I still think it will all come down to performance. Is the ZSearch really so much better than the 14 in stock? (aside the 300 g weight loss)

2 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I still think it will all come down to performance. Is the ZSearch really so much better than the 14 in stock? (aside the 300 g weight loss)

When the X Coils came into play people were asking the same. Will they be better than the stock coils? Anyone using one seems to say Yes.

I doubt NF would put something to market that wasn't competitive with or better than the competition but time will tell.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

When the X Coils came into play people were asking the same. Will they be better than the stock coils? Anyone using one seems to say Yes.

I doubt NF would put something to market that wasn't competitive with or better than the competition but time will tell.

X Coils undoubtedly have better performance than the stock coils. I have two of them, and will not be getting rid of them, they are just that good !

They are however expensive and there is always that nagging question, will my adaptor, as well made as it is, fail, and fry my machine ??!!

This is where N/F will win the battle. No adaptor required, superior warranty ( 3 years vs 1 year ) and the sentiment of Aussie made ! And as Matt alluded to, Rohan would not have released the coil if there was no competitive advantage ( other than weight ). It is a slightly smaller coil than stock, so one would hope that it was lighter !

Time will tell. There will be a lot of people who won't fork out for the 12 inch, but probably will for a bigger one, or a 10 inch.

Rick

• Like 5

I take any edge I can find personally. I'm more than happy to be one of the few people in the USA running better than stock coils and I'm more than happy if it stays that way since less competition=more gold. :cool:

The field observations JP posted earlier would be enough to convince me to buy one of these if I didn't already have a 12" X Coil that also is better than stock by almost every measure. I firmly believe this size is what the GPZ should have come with stock.

The lack of interest in NF and X GPZ coils in the USA feels like a "Fine Gold" moment, part II to me except with coils instead of timings. New guys looking for an edge: take note. 

If this NF somehow outperforms the X, then I'd be really curious to see if some healthy competition results both in price and performance innovation and maybe we see a 2nd generation of GPZ coils, which would be pretty cool if no GPZ replacement is on the horizon.

• Like 2

Simon,

My adaptor is extremely well made by a professional and includes full heat shrink wrap.

My concern is that with the stresses involved with changing of coils that it may fail one day, with possibly catastrophic consequences ( or none at all if I am lucky ! ).

I have been prepared to take the gamble, as my machine is a week one release and has paid for itself at least 20 times over.

Not everyone is in this position, and the thought of possibly bricking their new ZED would put a lot off the X Coils. Not so with the N/F.

Rick 

• Like 2

bring on the 17!

The 12" would have to be much better than the 14" as I would miss that 2 inches more than I would appreciate the weight loss.

• Like 3

Re (There will be a lot of people who won't fork out for the 12 inch,)

I could be in this Group

Re( but probably will for a bigger one, or a 10 inch.)

I find very very small gold with the standard coil, What could be the expected benefit with the NF 10 inch or the X Coil 10 Inch other than weight eg faster to find the gold in the dirt after you have dug it out of the hole. ( me, it takes ages for very small gold) Or with a more sensitive smaller coil a faster swing. Or smaller size to get between rocks/bushes ( not a major consideration for myself)

• Like 1

I was one of the enthusiastic ones but i guess i was delusional to think it might cost as much as what coils used to cost.  Like around $500.  But it is like Steve said, if we all say we will pay, they are watching.  I am going to bank on research finding me more gold vs new equipment.  It has worked so far and the SDC has found more than my Z, and it is $5000 dollars cheaper!  Explain that one 🤣.  Here, I’ll explain it.  I’m not a pro nor do it for a living.  I’m a hobbyist and go out on weekends until the ground is frozen, then I sit and wait.  If I calculate out what that costs me per weekend (in unfrozen ground since at that point depth does not matter), it would be $50 a weekend for a detecting season (May-Oct, if i go every weekend).  That is a gram of gold every weekend for one year to pay for it.  If I can find a gram of gold every weekend as a hobbyist, i would be pretty stoked.

• Like 7

I’ve done a fair bit of time on the ZSearch coils off and on throughout the year and in my environs X signal is a real bugbear, being able to calibrate that out completely relative to electronics temp is really important in the ground I work in.

The next big bugbear is Saturation, a lot of care has gone into the new NF coil to get both these things right, the ZSearch 12R saturates less than the GPZ14, no small feat considering a smaller coil is more prone to saturation signal than a larger one.  

X calibration aside IMHO there are four clear positives to the new Nuggetfinder coil, minimal bump and knock sensitivity, way less Saturation Signal, 300 grams lighter and lastly its definitely much more sensitive over standard. All of theses things add up to my finding gold in known test patch locations and not all of it has been sub point 0.2 gm.

JP

One of the early prototype’s, the final version is even better electronically than that pictured. 

8233F955-007E-429C-8E39-47BD4CBD34F2.thumb.jpeg.6285a5b90a283c5abffa1d76a8265e62.jpeg

C51AD2FC-EF12-4304-ACB7-A23634CB0965.thumb.jpeg.81dde82278644efc482622fb9db55b8b.jpeg

538FFF73-3DA2-4E1C-BDB2-E70EF0FB034E.thumb.jpeg.14f677996733906c372cd38f59a86ce2.jpegF54BFA8E-C2DF-425C-B99B-9D702D585628.thumb.jpeg.aa94d80c899567489a4ae7f45105fd1f.jpeg

8941B2D4-A3A9-480D-97DE-514943E291C0.thumb.jpeg.43cc3d521defd956b129a20bd60cd4d3.jpeg

Pic taken during comparative field testing.

9F353997-0550-4256-A454-F58744716F88.thumb.jpeg.fdf27fec6fca582b524a56885e1bf301.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3