Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

What is the actual measured diameter of the final production NF 12", JP?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the first of the GPZ Nugget Finder Z Coils are being delivered:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=587396#p587396

Weight with lower shaft 1070grams vs Minelab stock coil with lower shaft 1408grams.

I'm sure many performance comparisons will follow......

Image: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=587396#p587396

1608171153_df1b36b1-35e6-460b-9f18-7a7565d9e5b4.jpg

• Like 2

The 2 most asked for requests for a brand new GPZ successor were lighter weight and smaller coils. Here it is, for 1/7th the cost of a new GPZ. With the addition that this coil is reported to get equal or better sensitivity to most common nugget weights.

It's like buying a new machine for only $1000. This is a better improvement over the GPZ than the 5000 was over the 4500 IMO (assuming it matches the X Coil performance).

I am pretty surprised at the lack of excitement here. Has anyone in the US preordered one or do any dealers here even plan on carrying them? I would have been first in line if I didn't already have a 12" coil. Are people just waiting for a smaller one mostly?

For those interested and who even care 🥴, I was using the unbranded proto during the detecting session and when I got back to the shop for the weigh in I put the nugglets on the MTR unit for the photo opp. 😇

Scales weigh down to 0.00 of a gram, so to me 0.00 means the flake of gold was less than 0.01, hence why the scales show 0.00 gram. 😳 Here’s a pic of a different set of scales when I weighed it on the front seat of my Landcruiser when I was still out in the field. At the end of the day I start to lose interest when they go much below 0.10 gm, too much bending and scraping for me I’m afraid.

4161A6EB-CF0D-48BD-A434-7F4527EC2F03.thumb.jpeg.725c071b8ba517f5b0ae081085d176e3.jpeg

• Like 1

Were any of these coils sent to US dealers? I called 3 of them in the AZ area yesterday just to see if they had them so I could see it in action, and got voicemails all around so I wasn't able to find out.

Given the current situation and the high demand I doubt we will get these coils to the US anytime soon. I guess I have to move to Au...