Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

I would need to see a video test comparison between the GPZ 14" coil vs NF Z Search 12" coil before dropping $1,295 AUD.

"That's just because we haven't received any of the coils to test out yet, so we haven't had a chance to do our own comparison. In Nuggetfinder's words "Our primary goal when developing this coil was to produce a lighter option for the GPZ 7000 without compromising stability or performance when compared with the Factory 14”x13”. Prospectors seeking significant depth and sensitivity gains should be advised to wait for other size options to be released at a later date."

No benefit, except a lighter weight coil, from everything I've seen on the Aussie forums and FB.:unsure:

Bill

1 hour ago, cobill said:

No benefit, except a lighter weight coil, from everything I've seen

Have you read JP's impressions?

On 12/17/2020 at 12:02 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

Lastly I can attest to a big improvement in sensitivity over standard and also less EMI and less Salt/Conductive signal, so the combination of less weight, less EMI, less Salt, less Saturation signal and correct electronic design tolerances all add up to a VERY obvious improvement in even the worst ground types.

If the first NF GPZ coil does not meet your needs then don’t buy, I for one applaud the honesty they’ve shown on their website which IMHO is highly downplayed based on my own personal experiences. Nuggetfinder have plans for more models in the future and when that happens I’m sure we’ll see more innovation as time goes on. Every coil bar 2 in our allocated stock have pre-sold with customers picking up their coils today. I now have customers buying into GPZ because of the weight reduction alone.

Because I helped develop this product and because I sell this product I’m happy to sit on the side lines and let others experiences filter through.

Yes I read his impressions, also highlighted "because I sell this product" and since I already have a 15" x 10" X-coil, it's still not worth $1,295 AUD for me in my quiet NNV ground. Maybe Chris Goulson will import some Z Search coils into the USA and I'll look at another size, when they are available.

13 hours ago, cobill said:

Yes I read his impressions, also highlighted "because I sell this product".......

I also spent 3 years of my life field testing the GPZ 7000 for Minelab, people might want to steer well clear of that too. 😅

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd be looking out for reports from users in more mild soils with a lot of hot rocks. 

Hence the reason why I deliberately went to some quiet ground. 😕

It is a lot of money I agree and if unsure people should wait for more feedback from a greater variety of sources. Shouldn't be too long, there's 200 of them out there now.

JP

• Like 4

I still wonder though why a 12 in coil was chosen as the first model and not a 10 in one. It appears from all the feedback that a significantly smaller coil is the biggest need for GPZ users. Next to weight reduction and a bit more sensitivity, this would be the biggest buying reason for many. The 14 in stock already is a very good coil, so perhaps something that you absolutely can't do with that size coil would convince most to pay top dollar.

• Like 4

It's true, a 12 inch coil sounds very close the stock coil, but I have found that size coil is just about the optimum size for the way I hunt and where I go.
I can't wait to get one.
It's a shame the first 200 coils only went to Australia but it's completely understandable - that's NF's main customer base and it's where they are located.
But Rohan, can we have a few in the next batch? 

It’s my understanding there were some coils sent to the US. A lot of dealers have only ordered small amounts and even then they didn’t get all they’d ordered because there was only so many to go around. (We only got a portion of our orders)

NF have said on their web site there will be more models made in the future so if the 12” doesn’t meet your requirements hold off till a coil size they make does. 

COVID19, crazy world wide demand for coils during our winter and then crunch time leading up to Xmas have all added up to what was made available on the first production run. Bring on 2021 and a hopefully brighter future for all of us when the pall of COVID19 starts to loose its grip.😷😇

JP

• Like 9

OK JP,

I surrender to the NF Z-Search 12" coil and have been placed on Rob's list....some are coming to the USA, no ETA yet. The coil does appear to perform better, quieter, more stable, less touch sensitive, etc. than the 14" x 13" GPZ coil. It will compliment my stable of GPX NF coils, which are fantastic and have found gold everywhere I've used them. After all, when you have spent $10K+ USD on the GPZ and coils, what's another $1K+? :minelab::nuggetfinder:

Merry Christmas JP and everyone on DP, 

Bill

• Like 3