Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

23 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Generally smaller coils tend to Saturate more readily but the Zsearch is extremely good in this regard (even better than the GPZ14) so thats an advantage, lastly this time of year EMI is a major issue as our Monsoon is in full swing in the north so Atmospherics are extremely problematic, the new Zsearch is amazingly quiet EMI wise.

Thanks for the report, JP. The better performance with saturation and EMI are two key features that I am looking for, so this is good to know. Reduced weight is of course a bonus, together with the quality seal "Aussie made" and long track record of coil excellence 🙂  I am on the waiting list for the NF12 and will for sure get the smaller coils as well, once available. 

Happy new year!  

GC

• Like 1

PS: just got word that there is a huge backorder and according to the distributor only very few will come to the US in the foreseable future

• Like 1

We are wet, wet, wet here, the ground is sodden right the way through so everything is sticky, both the ground and the air, the atmosphere is all over the place because of all the unstable monsoon weather right across the State (just had our first cyclone for the season). Not a good time to be too serious about detecting but I’ve desperately been needing a gold fix.

Enter the little NF Zsearch, its the perfect coil for these conditions, I was amazed how quiet it ran in the salty areas even the bad ones that I generally avoid after rain. EMI is also way down compared to other coils so this has also helped at a time when I would usually not bother (OK yes I would, I’m a detecting tragic but it wouldn’t be pleasant 😅 ). 

First cab off the rank I spied during digging it up just sitting there in the damp clays, a nice plucky little 3/4 gram bit that made a satisfying clunk as I put it in my gold container. These little guys add up.

D26DC4FE-4416-48CB-92E2-12FCDFF7BC39.thumb.jpeg.4a49f55c8e585d6252757defbac40e6e.jpegABE4DC37-EFAE-4834-87E1-0BE8FE5161C7.thumb.jpeg.ee514b217a4228b43ddfabb74281618f.jpeg

Next one was close by and gave a nice clear hit, actually I got a little bit excited because it low/high’d on me which got me thinking it was a bit bigger than it actually was. I am still learning the channel flipping cross over points of nuggets with this little NF coil, seems it channel flips quite readily on sub gram chunky stuff. 

943D5D5B-785E-4D73-A73D-55D390510C55.thumb.jpeg.afc69d9f8524c6fbc1c71bc265fdc836.jpeg

That was the end of the session for that day, it took a while to get the sticky red clay washed off my hands and gear.🤐 

I got out a few mores times over subsequent days pinging little bits in old favourite spots enjoying the quiet sensitivity of this new little coil. One thing I have noticed though is my swing speed has sped right up because of the lighter weight, something for users to be aware of as that really does the kill depth on larger gold. The smaller coil can be swung faster but you will not see its full depth potential doing that.

Nice little Low/High trickster

765567B7-90A8-4EDD-B873-D1EBC96F359F.thumb.jpeg.056743f1ae06d955d7b7c5df7377a22c.jpeg

My tally since New Years, not a lot but you got to start somewhere, I’m happy to start the season off slow and leave some in the tank for when the weather is nicer.

7E89B4CD-A4B5-41B0-BFE2-9063C92904C3.thumb.jpeg.e20ce212655d9bea546ed0af6537e34b.jpeg

• Like 5