Nugget Finder Z Search Coil Release Date 18th December

41 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Agreed, $1300 (Au $ I suppose) is a steep price. I guess our Au friends will have plenty of time to test it in depth and post reviews before it even would become available here in the US. Then we shall see.

No not AU it is USD!  At least according to the link posted 

• Oh my! 1

It will be interesting to see what sizes/geometries NF is allowed to make, or what they aren't allowed to make in order to comply with Minelab standards. 

If any of the US NF dealers here (or a customer) wants to get together and do a 12" X to 12" NF comparison, PM me. I won't be buying this coil personally because its way too expensive just to test when I already have a 12" coil, but I'd be curious to compare the two side by side because I'm always curious about all the products out there and how they work. 

• Like 8

The standard Minelab GPZ14" coil is $1195 AUD

The Minelab GPZ19" coil is $1495 AUD

So for an aftermarket coil being built in Bendigo, I think $1295 is very reasonable. 

• Like 1

The X Coils were $1500AUD, regardless of size, & I believe there's now been a freight related price increase? 

$1295 with no mod needed + supplied with Minelab lower shaft seems reasonable in comparison.

• Like 1

Let's see if it is really so much better than the 14 in stock that would warrant that expense. The size difference clearly is not differentiating much.

• Like 1

Saying it is reasonable based on other prices that also are not reasonable does not give it justification.  Overpriced all the way around period.  Unless you just have money to blow I guess.

• Like 3

At today’s gold price, a measly half-ounce nugget would just about cover the USD cost of the new Z-Search coil...no worries! Now if I could just find one...🤔

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It’s a lot of coin that’s for sure, but buying into the GPZ was what set the trend, it’s an expensive ticket to get to that game. 🤕

I just convert everything to grams, the ZSearch 12” is AU16 grams at current gold price, I can live with that because I’m fortunate enough to live in a location where that’s achievable. A GPZ on the other hand is AU120 grams, that’s a much bigger stretch for those of us less fortunate.

JP

• Like 5

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Saying it is reasonable based on other prices that also are not reasonable does not give it justification.  Overpriced all the way around period.  Unless you just have money to blow I guess.

Whether we like it or not that is the pricing range of the only 3 x manufacturers. It is reasonable in comparison when you consider the competitions coils are heavier (Minelab), don't come with a lower shaft or require mods to be done. I never justified their pricing, just said that NF appear reasonable in comparison.

Too overpriced then don't buy. I doubt it will stop many willing purchasers! I certainly don't have money to blow. 

On a lighter note I'd heard on the grapevine that the next NF Z coil will be 17" & there is speculation today from 2 others that it will indeed be that size - one saying it will be 17x13. One of the speculators has previously been a NF coil tester & said it will be released some time next year? 😉 

• Like 2